Quantcast

No Moar Rain

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Damn Man, looks like another washout is predicted for next week @ diablo.... whata ****ty start of the season, weather wise....

:plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
ahh, last monday the weather channel said saturday had a 60% chance of thundershowers and saturday was sweet. the real question is how fast will the hill dry up once the rain stops?!?!?!

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
those forecasters are always wrong i wish i got paid to guess... it'll be a great weekend rain or shine the creek is open again thats all that matters a little water on the ground just makes things more interesting....

to bad sunday i cant ride cause its mommy's day(for all you good sons that forgot) i have to do the family thing.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Hoping for sunny skies but if it does go to crap, oh well. Hopefully by next weekend Diablo can pull out some more hoses, yesterday afternoon was a joke.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Hoping for sunny skies but if it does go to crap, oh well. Hopefully by next weekend Diablo can pull out some more hoses, yesterday afternoon was a joke.
Yeah the bike washing line was absurd. The young kids playing their little grab-ass wet t-shirt games didn't really help matters either.

On a sort of related topic, does anyone else think having the shop and mechanic in the new location is a really bad idea? I feel like once the waterpark opens that area is going to be super congested. The old base area wasn't fancy but at least it was an area just for riders, you could leave your bike unattended and not worry about it. This new setup feels way less secure to me.

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
Yeah the bike washing line was absurd. The young kids playing their little grab-ass wet t-shirt games didn't really help matters either.

On a sort of related topic, does anyone else think having the shop and mechanic in the new location is a really bad idea? I feel like once the waterpark opens that area is going to be super congested. The old base area wasn't fancy but at least it was an area just for riders, you could leave your bike unattended and not worry about it. This new setup feels way less secure to me.
Yep, once the water park kicks into gear - it's going to be crazy. the new shop looks great, but location wise, it sucks

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Cecil said:
the real question is how fast will the hill dry up once the rain stops?!?!?!
Very fast if the sun comes out. Its crazy how fast that mountain dries.

G-spot said:
hope the mt is open next weekend
They only close the lift if there is lightning / high winds.

This new setup feels way less secure to me.
Mos def... I won't be leaving my bike unattended after the water park opens.