Quantcast

No more Adidas Cycling Shoes?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Since I'm making the move back to clipless, I was in the market for some dh shoes that had a decent soles for off the bike traction as well as some ankle support and protection since cranks eat away at my ankles whenever I downhill. I was surprised at how few downhill shoes there actually were out there that actually have ankle support and protection. Off the top of my head the only shoes I can think of are the new Shimano DX's and Specialized BG Trail 110. I also knew about the Adidas Hematomas, but couldn't find them anywhere (aside from kids sizes) and also came across something called the Adidas Plush XL which looked like a newer version of the Hematoma.

I couldn't find any current information about Adidas Cycling. Are they no more? I was able to find one website that had some of the Plush XL in larger sizes and quickly grabbed a pair.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
i had the plush's for about two years and they were great. towards the end the soles started to peal away from putting feet out in corners and such. they are a bit different (on the minimalistic side) from the hematomas. i'm not sure if adidas is still making shoes, however.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I think the Adidas shoes became Mavic.Also pretty sure the Hematoma is dead.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
From what I've been told, Mavic has been in charge of designing and manufacturing Adidas shoes from the start, and up until this year was just licensing the Adidas name.