Quantcast

No More Bikes At Sky Valley!!!

Crazy Dan

Chimp
Aug 26, 2002
Last Place!
We went to Sky Valley (Only ski resort in GA) to ride the downhill course today. Before we could unload the bikes, a guy came over and told us that the owner instructed him to tell anyone with bikes that they can't ride the trail anymore. Liability is the reason. They are going to build condos on the current ski slopes and the area where the downhill run is in the next year. They will probably be relocating the ski slopes to another place at Sky Valley, so there is a chance we might be able to build a course there. David Spears is the owner and you can get an email to him at info@skyvalley.com. Play it cool and we might be able to build there in the future.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Everytime I rode there,
I was amazed that they did not kick out the bikers that very day.
The course ends in a parking lot on a golf course, and we are surrounded by
ensure swilling golfers who wear balls dangling from there hats.
Combine that with the super $hitty attitude that was served up by the manangement, and the fact that we bring no money to them at all,
it was clear that that place was short lived for Dhing.

t66

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
Maybe something can be worked out. I know someone who is going to speak with David about a small fee and a liability waiver. It's only 40 minutes from my house... :mumble: . Hopefully he'll see it our way, or else we go after his
first born son :evil: !