Quantcast

No more Joker,

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Too bad. He probably stumbled across 'A Knight's Tale' on AMC or something.

Edit - I didn't know he had a kid. Apparently he had a 2 year old daughter. I'll hold my tongue on that one.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Way too soon...

I thought he was a talented actor, and if nothing else, the media presented him as a loving, caring, and good father.

It's insane being 3 years younger than him, and seeing his life end so early.

*On a side note, someone in the office I work in just said "ledger"... but they were referring to accounting.*

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
wow, my film studies teacher had mentioned him in class today too just around the time they found him(3:30), that's weird.

RIP, he was a talented actor.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
His first TV role was as a cyclist. Kind of cool.

I am looking forward to seeing him as the Joker.

Classic Hollywood ending to his life though. That sucks.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Rumor is that the role of Joker disturbed him, he couldn't sleep, and has been taking Ambien.

As we know, various people have said that Ambien as really made their life worse, but since that was just anecdotal, it's still on the market.

Still sad :(

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
He went to the same university as Partsy and me. Has a well regarded performing arts course. He was a favourite Perth son so of course they're all devastated over there.
As for ambien- I love it but it can f*ck you up good and proper if you're not careful.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I took Halcion for my LASIK procedure and swear to the lord that I had a mild, but very real psychotic episode. Seriously scared the sh1t out of me and that was on only two doses 14 hours apart.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, I really liked Ledger's acting (and I never saw Brokeback). I was talking about Lords of Dogtown, and I thought his portrayal of Skip Engblom was amazing.