Quantcast

No more Supergo

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
old news.
Supergo has owned performance for quite awhile now. The stores are all changing to Performance and the online will be superho.
Some brands will not be sold in the stores any longer. (ie, GT)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
they have some great deals on riding shorts. I got some oakley baggies with padding for under 50.. normally 85 bucks. There was a real cool pair in XL that were only 29, but i couldnt even get them over my knees... DOH!!

I also finally scored a decent pump for my riding pack..... one of those Crank Bros ones... Maybe tomorrow i will get to use it...

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
buildyourown said:
old news.
Supergo has owned performance for quite awhile now. The stores are all changing to Performance and the online will be superho.
Some brands will not be sold in the stores any longer. (ie, GT)
Actually Performance owns Supergo.

Jun 18, 2004
66 said:
Is this old news? I drove past last night and saw some new signs.
QUOTE]

I noticed this last week and didn't think it was worthy of posting.... the thing that I was curious about is what happend to the Redmond Performance store?... (it's not on the flyers they mail me...)

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
The Redmond store will stay right where it is. I was talking to one of the employees and he said their would be a little different mix of merchandise with the Seattle store selling more bikes. He said they were still trying to figure out the merchandising and mentioned that the Seattle store might be called something like Performance Plus. Performance is privately held but I am guessing sometime next year they will go public. There were really werent enough Supergo stores to justify their own labels. I will kind of miss the old Supergo which really made a name for itself by selling a lot of left over bikes cheap or by taking them apart and selling the components separately. Shimano got after Supergo for reselling the OEM parts and Supergo had to agree not to do it in order to continue sellling Shimano.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Borregokid said:
I will kind of miss the old Supergo which really made a name for itself by selling a lot of left over bikes cheap or by taking them apart and selling the components separately.
I think that's what Pricepoint.com does. They have the lowest prices most of the time, and will match the lowest if you call. Of course, your stuff may come in a zip-lock bag instead of original packaging.