Quantcast

No mormon for n8.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
WASHINGTON (AP) - John McCain effectively sealed the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday as chief rival Mitt Romney suspended his faltering presidential campaign. "I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney prepared to tell conservatives.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror,"
A vote for freedom is a vote for terror! That's awesome.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Did that jackass really say that? I mean seriously. WTF.
Seriously.

Link

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney will say at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

"This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters... many of you right here in this room... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming President. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America."

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Makes complete sense that n8 was gonna vote for this guy.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
McCain will most likely need Romney to get Rush and Shawn and the rest of them to start gushing over the Party being united again and start their incessant railing against the Dems.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Well, now I am only voting against Hillary.

If she loses then I am sitting this one out... oh hell.. I might just write in RonPaul just for fun!!111

:D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
McCain will most likely need Romney to get Rush and Shawn and the rest of them to start gushing over the Party being united again and start their incessant railing against the Dems.
More likely McCain will have the loser of the Hillary/Obama race as his Veep.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
More likely McCain will have the loser of the Hillary/Obama race as his Veep.
Not possible is it? I mean in the terms of convention timing and logistics, not that we couldn't see a Rep/Dem ticket for Pres/VP

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well, now I am only voting against Hillary.

If she loses then I am sitting this one out... oh hell.. I might just write in RonPaul just for fun!!111

:D
So you are voting FOR the terrorists! A non-vote is the same as a Democratic vote.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I heard a funny quote yesterday about the Republicans arguing who was more conservative.

It's like dropping your pants and arguing that you have the smallest penis in the group
:rofl:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
sweet! the dems look to be pretty strong for nov, assuming they don't go and do something stupid like nominate Hillary... I actually voted for McCain in 2000, and thought that he had the guts to stand up and think for himself till he took a HARD right turn about 2 years ago. Wonder what would happen if he put a thumb in the ultra-conservative's eye and just started straight-talking again. I've had too much of the divisive, partisan, win a mandate with 50.1% of the vote BS that we've had for the past 7 years. Horrors that some of us hate the extremes on both sides...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I actually voted for McCain in 2000, and thought that he had the guts to stand up and think for himself till he took a HARD right turn about 2 years ago.
that was an overcorrection for the hard left he took just before that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sweet! the dems look to be pretty strong for nov, assuming they don't go and do something stupid like nominate Hillary...
umm, what?

Repubs are saying if it's Hillary vs McCain, they'll vote for HER. I mean, if you want the Dems to win and it's against McCain, then you nominate Clinton.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
umm, what?

Repubs are saying if it's Hillary vs McCain, they'll vote for HER. I mean, if you want the Dems to win and it's against McCain, then you nominate Clinton.
You're kidding right? You don't actually beleive that the right-wingnuts would vote against the party do you?

They just say that to scare their own into voting more conservatively. They like to use use fear as a tactic remember.

The only chance the Dems have for losing is if they nominate Hillary. So many more independents don't like her they'll all run to McCain.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You're kidding right? You don't actually beleive that the right-wingnuts would vote against the party do you?
What I do know is that another forum (fantasy football) I frequent has a good portion of the Repubs there saying in a poll that they'll vote for Hillary or a third-party candidate.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
What I do know is that another forum (fantasy football) I frequent has a good portion of the Repubs there saying in a poll that they'll vote for Hillary or a third-party candidate.
Fantasy Football. Internet forum. Republicans.

Now THERE is the group that knows what's up!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
do you find FF forum participants to be a reasonable sample-set? sure, they come from all parts of the country, and presumably different ethnic & economic backgrounds, but i don't believe the sheer numbers are there to satisfy zogby, et. al.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Fantasy Football. Internet forum. Republicans.

Now THERE is the group that knows what's up!

The point is, those people are average people. They like football, beer and chicks. That seems like the typical white male repub.

They don't have to know anything, they just have to vote.

So, yes, they're a fair sample of the sheeple.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Overheard in my office lunch room today, on McCain

"But he is such a liberal! Maybe the VP choice will straighten him out"

I work in Republican Hell..........................

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I have yet to meet a republican who *seriously* would vote for Hillary over McCain. However much they hate McCain, they hate Hillary more. The flip side is that there are people like my parents, moderate republicans who are sick and tired of the current administration, sick and tired of Washington politics in general, and not really thrilled about McCain (they voted for him in the primary back in 2000) but they'd vote for Mickey Mouse over Hillary. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would energize the republican base more than nominating Hillary for president.

It still floors me when conservatives talk about voting for Hillary over McCain since they agree with 99% of McCain's views (exceptions being immigration, ummmm. a slight waffling on tax cuts?) and disagree with 99% of Clinton's views. Either they're stupid, or lying, or both.