Quantcast

No moutain bikig at WG anymore????

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Talked to a friend of mine today who talked to one of the guys at snowshoe. He was told that WG has new managment this year and are planning on shutting moutain biking for good. This is a friend of a friend kind of thing so the details could have gotten f*cked up going down the line.

This would really suck. I have never been a fan of WG, but it was fun for a day here and there. I would hate to see the place totally shut down. Anyone else hear this or is it just BS.

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
I've spent the better part of three years there and I hope that they are shutting down the mountainbike program, because they don't deserve it. Honestly if they don't have anybody to maintain the trails and the built stuff then it's a liability.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Denjen, what "guys" at Snowshoe told you this? I know for a fact that it certainly wasn't any of us (Dave, Phil, myself, etc). Just interested in who up here is passing out info (Mikey?)? As you probably know, we are definitely not into being negative about other resorts despite what their current stance may be on mountain bike programs........it's just not acceptable business ethics. Just wanted to let everyone know that it's not Snowshoe putting out rumors or negative comments.

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
Hulkamaniac, I don't think you need to worry about hunting down any trail rats at Snowshoe. Besides the truth about Wintergreen is pretty damn negative, and I don't mind letting the world know. Don't point the finger at Mike, he's one hell of a friend to Brad and from what I understand one hell of a core rider. I mean all of this with respect for both you and the riders.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I'm not pointing a finger at Mikey, just trying to find out where/who a rumor or negative comment like this is coming from. Mikey is what I would call my best friend (ride, party, ski with him nearly every single day) and I have total respect for his riding ability, attitude, etc.......he's been a hell of a friend as you said. Not blaming him in any way, I'm just trying to figure out who Dennis would have talked to that gave him this info, so I just threw names out of people that I know Dennis knows. I know we likely don't have anything to worry about, but this kind of rumor isn't something we need or want to be linked to.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
First off I have read every WG post on this board. They have talked about how much WG will suck this year nothing was said about closing the MTB park completly.

Hulk
It was not mikey that said this, so dont chew his ass he gets enough **** to begin with. Like I said it came from a friend of a friend to me. So the version I heard is probably completly different than the original. Also there was no WG bashing in the story I heard just passing some info along. I hate the way rumors blow up into huge stories on the internet. Look what I did, started one myself.

Some lifts need to start running so we can all get out and ride instead of sitting on our ass's on the computer

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
Cool. I wouldn't worry about it at all. It sounds like something that probably orginated from us and made a few twist and turns and became distorted like all other comments that travel by word of mouth. By the way I'm personally glad to see all the effort you guys are putting into your trails. Snowshoe has always been good to its riders and has always known what's up when it come to hardcore DH racing. I definitely had the four finger brake grip by the time I got to the bottom of your expert course the first time I rode there. I look forward to spending alot of time riding at Snowshoe this year, and am very greatful that you guys are around. I'll see you guys in a few.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Dennis,
Thanks for somewhat clearing that up. For what it's worth, I wasn't trying to put you on the spot by what I wrote above (it sounds harsh now that I read it again). I just want people to know that we are not starting rumors up here, it's just an image we don't care to create and be part of. I only threw Mikey's name out there, as I know you know him. I have met you several times and wouldn't think you would be putting something up there just to start rumors. I just wanted to find out who is putting this word out there.........cause we need to only put correct info out there. I, in no way, would chew anyone's ass or give them flack, as that's not my style or approach to situations like these.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Originally posted by denjen
Some lifts need to start running so we can all get out and ride instead of sitting on our ass's on the computer
Amen! I'm going nuts being able to build this stuff and test ride it, yet not being able to make complete runs!

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
Denjen, If all of you guys look at the Wintergreeresort site you'll see that Jay predicts that it will be one of Wintergreen's best seasons yet. I definitely have some reservations about this comment. I'm sure that Snowshoe knows that Wintergreens position with us is unfortunate because having an additional resort that is rider friendly nearby only expands the rider base or market, which is good for everyone. And now that I have nowhere to build I fully intend on sitting down in front of my computer, expanding my gut and getting my monkey status. By the way have you guys ever noticed that Matt D has over 2000 posts. I guess typing class paid off didn't it Matt.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by denjen
Well, Whistler opens in four days...:devil:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Originally posted by overbybars
By the way have you guys ever noticed that Matt D has over 2000 posts.
Yeah i noticed. The way this post exploded is exactly why I only have 330 posts in 2 1/2 years. I dont like to post something new or reply to a post unless I have my facts straight. This one blew up in my face

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Denjen,

I was just pointing out that if you thoroughly read the other threads, you would have understood that Wintergreen is still open for bikes, it's just that they have decided to kick the main people out of the program. it's on wintergreen's website, if you took the time to check it out.

I put the devil thing after it to let you know i was just busting your balls.

If you were a New Jersian you would have understood.:devil: Don't take it personally, it's the f^cking internet. ;)