Quantcast

No nuke for you!

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
If it will happen it will happen soon. Iran just spent a billion dollars on new Tor-M1 surface to air missile defenses that will be installed over the next 2 years. If Israel doesn't want to get blown out of the sky they'll strike before its ready.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Discostu said:
If it will happen it will happen soon. Iran just spent a billion dollars on new Tor-M1 surface to air missile defenses that will be installed over the next 2 years. If Israel doesn't want to get blown out of the sky they'll strike before its ready.

Maybe they will launch one of their missiles and not risk an air raid.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
MMike said:
Hmmm..... so if there was a real threat of nukes flying around the middle east, would the US pull out of Iraq to keep their guys safe(r)?
i think that they are talking about a conventional strike on the nuclear plant in Iran.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
N8 said:
Maybe they will launch one of their missiles and not risk an air raid.
The Tor-M1 has a 60-90% kill probability against cruise missiles. I'm not saying that this new surface to air missile system will make it impossible for Israel to destroy any Iranian nuclear sites, just that it will make it much more difficult and costly. The incentive is there for Israel to do it sooner rather than later if they do it.

That said, I personally don't beleive attacking Iran is the solution. Netanhayu hinting that he will do it will make the problem alot worse and cause instability. He says he will strike first because he thinks Iran will attack, now maybe Iran will attack before Netanyahu is elected. Iran may not have nuclear weapons yet, but they can still do a lot of damage.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It seems to me once the political situation in Israel calms down a little, Iran will be high on the agenda to deal with. Wouldn't be the first time Israel has done this, either.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Discostu said:
That said, I personally don't beleive attacking Iran is the solution. Netanhayu hinting that he will do it will make the problem alot worse and cause instability. He says he will strike first because he thinks Iran will attack, now maybe Iran will attack before Netanyahu is elected. Iran may not have nuclear weapons yet, but they can still do a lot of damage.

What should they do. Send 'em some cookies for kwaanza.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad caused an international backlash in October when he called for the Jewish state to be "wiped off the map". "

Its pretty f'n clear what the israelis need to do. You cant let a country make those kinds of assertions and just let it slide. There hands been forced. Its a matter of when not if. I sure as sh$t wouldn't wait around to find out if there joking. Besides what better time to do it than now. Team america is already in the vacinity and dying to kick some ass. Theres still 2 countries left in the axis of evil and you know george isn't gonna leave em hanging.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
The Amish said:
You cant let a country make those kinds of assertions and just let it slide.
With that kind of attitude the ultimate outcome will inevitably be war. Where would we be today if in 1956 the USA launched a full scale attack against the USSR when Nikita Kruschev declared "We Will Bury You!" to Western ambassadors? Lots of people back then probably saw the poster below and decided we couldn't let it slide and it was time to strike first in a nuclear war.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Discostu said:
With that kind of attitude the ultimate outcome will inevitably be war. Where would we be today if in 1956 the USA launched a full scale attack against the USSR when Nikita Kruschev declared "We Will Bury You!" to Western ambassadors? Lots of people back then probably saw the headline below and decided we couldn't let it slide and it was time to strike first in a nuclear war.

War on Tripod.com? Is that strictly necessary?

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Sorry, the picture is fixed. I hope. Thats actually from a movie poster in 1962, but you get the point.