Quantcast

No offence Manimal, It's another eff da po-lice thread.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
So just now I stopped at Harris Teeter to grab some noms on my way home, and as I walked in, I saw a small bag of some nasty looking pot on the floor, since I wouldn't have touched it even if I did still smoke, i kept walking. As I was walking out, the guy in front of me picked it up. He ended up being parked next to me and as I was backing out, an undercover cop blocked him in, got out, and started talking to him. This all seems too fishy to be a coincidence...:think: But I don't understand why they would set someone up to just give them a minor ticket... Are they trying to clog up the court system with bullsh!t like this??:confused:

thoughts?.....

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
High point cops are bored? I was in buffalo wild wings the other night and there was one keeping an eye on things, although it was wing night it was a far from rowdy scene

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So just now I stopped at Harris Teeter to grab some noms on my way home, and as I walked in, I saw a small bag of some nasty looking pot on the floor, since I wouldn't have touched it even if I did still smoke, i kept walking. As I was walking out, the guy in front of me picked it up. He ended up being parked next to me and as I was backing out, an undercover cop blocked him in, got out, and started talking to him. This all seems too fishy to be a coincidence...:think: But I don't understand why they would set someone up to just give them a minor ticket... Are they trying to clog up the court system with bullsh!t like this??:confused:

thoughts?.....
So, if it had been a bag of kind bud would you have picked it up ?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I think that a new rule on ridemonkey should be that you only get to post one "Cops Suck" thread a month.

That being said I would totally support Manimal tracking you down and tasing you repeatedly. It would then be okay for you to post about that.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Some cops that don't suck....

Interesting.

He said 68 or 69 billion dollars is spent on the War on Drugs annually. Where does the money go. Someone stands to profit from what is spent. Privately owned and run prisons are always looking for customers, but where else does all that money go ?

Edit : I forgot this is the lounge for a second, MMike sucks !

sorry for the lapse there, carry on...

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So, if it had been a bag of kind bud would you have picked it up ?
Like Manimal is really going to drop his sack of kind buds. :rolleyes:

As an aside... I did find a bag of some kind buds on the ground at a gas station. The universe was smiling on me that day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You know better. No real pot head will smoke weed off a floor.
Yeah, its like walking near Washington Square Park and some weirdo wants to sell you pot.

Thankfully, I live in Norcal, where you find an eighth by rummaging around the cupboard or the bathroom, and you can grow 6 plants of any size with a cannabis club card.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

thoughts?.....
So how did you know it was a UC? Was a Ticket actually issued? Did we get some info as to what was actually going on??????

I am with Johne on this one, I think its just a coincedence. If seriously doubt any law enforcement agency would take the time to drop a small bag of weed on the ground, just to hassle someone who may or probably wont pick it up..... I mean If I saw it, I probably would, but I would also toss it in the trash while bitching about litterbugs.......

I bet with confidence, there is more to it

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
So how did you know it was a UC? Was a Ticket actually issued? Did we get some info as to what was actually going on?????
Yes, it was definitely a UC. Our UCs arent very good at laying low, you can usually spot the lights in their cars from pretty far away, and anyways this one was in uniform and I saw him walk up to the guys window. Why would a cop stop someone leaving a grocery store though? Thats why I think it must have been about the sh!t weed the guy picked up.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Charlotte cops are similar, but here in Mint Hill its the worst. One tried to give my friend a ticket for 3 over while I was in he passenger seat, we argued for some time about it until he told us "you guys be safe tonight" and sent us on our way. I got a ticket on Albemarle Rd a few months ago that was for 55 in the 35, and no joke, you could see a 55mph sign like 200 yards from where he pulled me over. I pointed it out, but he wouldn't look at it. Morally good cops are few and far between I have seen. Last year I think, they fired all of the Mint Hill cops because they were all involved in drugs and police corruption.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, its like walking near Washington Square Park and some weirdo wants to sell you pot.

Thankfully, I live in Norcal, where you find an eighth by rummaging around the cupboard or the bathroom, and you can grow 6 plants of any size with a cannabis club card.
A single seedling in this state will give 5-30 years in the pokey. Nothing to do with the cops but the laws are stupid. We do have plenty of people in jail small possession charges. A state senator tried to introduce a bill that didn't legalize or decriminalize possession but to simply reduce the punishment, not a single other senator was willing to support or discuss the bill.

The big problem with laws like that is that it does allow for discriminatory behavior. With pot being rather socially acceptable cops will look away (discretionary enforcement) but allows them to act out any personal prejudices they have.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
A single seedling in this state will give 5-30 years in the pokey. Nothing to do with the cops but the laws are stupid. We do have plenty of people in jail small possession charges. A state senator tried to introduce a bill that didn't legalize or decriminalize possession but to simply reduce the punishment, not a single other senator was willing to support or discuss the bill.

The big problem with laws like that is that it does allow for discriminatory behavior. With pot being rather socially acceptable cops will look away (discretionary enforcement) but allows them to act out any personal prejudices they have.
Wow that sucks... its decriminalized here in NC. Anything less than 1/2 oz is like a traffic ticket, a half ounce to 1 and 1/2 oz is a misdemeanor, and anything more than that is a felony.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The cops set up a DWI roadblock on a Main Street near my house. I live near a Gang/drug neighborhood but not in it... So I am walking to the store that night and on the ground I find like 3 or 4 dime bags of weed and a couple of powder. Right on the ground near the cop car. So on the way back from the store. I gather up all the little bags and hand them to the cops. They didn't want them. They told me to throw them out when I got home.... So I did. I thought that was weird....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

The biggest holdup with pot decriminalization is that if a politician speaks up for it, then he becomes the druggie lawmaker.

In Norcal, there is still some resistance to legalization. I am very strongly against buying Mexican marijuana since you are funding the drug war. But around here, south-of-the-border weed is just that, weed.

The best stuff is locally grown.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
The biggest holdup with pot decriminalization is that if a politician speaks up for it, then he becomes the druggie lawmaker.

In Norcal, there is still some resistance to legalization. I am very strongly against buying Mexican marijuana since you are funding the drug war. But around here, south-of-the-border weed is just that, weed.

The best stuff is locally grown.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: