Quantcast

No one has posted the Walmart stampede video???

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
macko said:
This I've got to see.
It's hysterical...all these people were waiting outside of a Walmart at 5:00 a.m. on Friday morning and as soon as the doors opened, they all rushed in and a few people fell...well this one fat woman's wig fell off, and before she even tried to push herself up, she was grabbing her wig to put it back on. Then of course the media shows up and some other lady starts going off about BABIES are getting trampled in there and Walmart didn't provide enough security...it's friggin hysterical...

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
People are idiots

Stampede Of Early Morning Shoppers Seriously Injures Woman

POSTED: 6:46 p.m. EST November 28, 2003

ORANGE CITY, Fla. -- A stampede of shoppers left a woman seriously hurt this morning.

She was trampled by a crowd of bargain hunters at a Central Florida Walmart.

41-year-old Patricia Vanlester is at Halifax Medical Center tonight. Family members say she came to Walmart to buy an advertised DVD, but what she got was a trip to the hospital.

When you shop on the day after thanksgiving you can expect to see jammed parking lots and a lot of people headed to the stores.

"They were a herd of elephants in there," shopper Linda Ellzey says. "It was unbelievable."

Ellzey says she and her sister Patti Vanlester shop at Walmart all the time. They know when a sale is on because the crowds are huge, which is why they got to the store at 3:30 a.m. this morning. They wanted to get the 6 a.m. specials. A DVD/VCR player for $29.87.

"It was gift for my mother. Someone got her a bunch of nice DVD's, she was really wanting one bad."

When the store finally opened, shoppers grabbed for the item. People started fighting for the DVD player and pushed Vanlester to the ground.

"I screamed and said stop don't step on her," Ellzey says. "My sister is on the ground but no one would listen."

Walmart employees rushed to Vanlester. She was knocked unconscious. She was airlifted to Halifax Medical Center.

"I don't think it was intentional I don't think any one meant to hurt Patti. I think she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Now, all Ellzey can think about is her sister recovering from the ordeal.

"Our main concern is to get her well and find out what's wrong."

Walmart is currently holding a DVD for Vanlester. However the family says they're not sure if they'll be coming back to Walmart again.

another incident

Josephine Hoffman, 73, falls to floor amid mad rush at Sawgrass Mills Mall in Broward County, Fla. (courtesy South Florida Sun-Sentinel

stampede in michigan

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
dh girlie said:
It's hysterical...all these people were waiting outside of a Walmart at 5:00 a.m. on Friday morning and as soon as the doors opened, they all rushed in and a few people fell...well this one fat woman's wig fell off, and before she even tried to push herself up, she was grabbing her wig to put it back on. Then of course the media shows up and some other lady starts going off about BABIES are getting trampled in there and Walmart didn't provide enough security...it's friggin hysterical...
Why is it that you find other people's misfortune so friggin hilarious? Are you some kind of misanthrope?

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
sunny said:
Why is it that you find other people's misfortune so friggin hilarious? Are you some kind of (insert big word here)?
someone's misfortune? ha!, right...it was people being idiots. If you stand in line for hours in front of a Wal-Mart to buy a cheap-ass piece of junk $30 DVD player, which you'll probably be able to buy after x-mas for $15, then you deserve to get laughed at for getting trampled.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
sunny said:
Why is it that you find other people's misfortune so friggin hilarious? Are you some kind of misanthrope?
While I usually would line up with you on this, cases like this one are just too much. I mean, if you take part in a melee to grab some piece of crap you don't need out of pure consumerist drive and get hurt, that's your own fault. I wouldn't necessarily call it "hysterical," but I am not too sympathetic.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
JRogers said:
While I usually would line up with you on this, cases like this one are just too much. I mean, if you take part in a melee to grab some piece of crap you don't need out of pure consumerist drive and get hurt, that's your own fault. I wouldn't necessarily call it "hysterical," but I am not too sympathetic.
agreed

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
What kind of crap DVD player are you gonna get for 30 bucks. Might as well spend up big...say at least 50 bucks.
when ya visit me in the states mate i ll take ya to wallmart for a treat... nothing like 250lb white trash women in tracky pants with the morning pop tart stains (from 3 months ago) dragging their 2.5 kids around...

GIVE ME STRENGTH... :dead:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
YES! Christmas time rules!
After they got them all in there, they should have sealed it shut & done away with them all, Auschwitz-Birkenau stlye.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sunny said:
Because it IS so friggin hilarious...the woman was interviewed after the stampede and she was not hurt...had she been hurt, I wouldn't have thought it funny...she was ok enough to grab her crappy looking wig and put it back on her head before she helped her lazy fat ass up...:rolleyes:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
Because it IS so friggin hilarious...the woman was interviewed after the stampede and she was not hurt...had she been hurt, I wouldn't have thought it funny...she was ok enough to grab her crappy looking wig and put it back on her head before she helped her lazy fat ass up...:rolleyes:
GAWD you are so MEAN.

Maybe somebody got their sense of humor trampled on Friday morning?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MTB Rob posted the series of trampling pics and I laughed. The absurdity of the holiday season is hilarious....people trampling each other to buy crap they don't need.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
when ya visit me in the states mate i ll take ya to wallmart for a treat... nothing like 250lb white trash women in tracky pants with the morning pop tart stains (from 3 months ago) dragging their 2.5 kids around...

GIVE ME STRENGTH... :dead:
As long as I can wake and bake first mate.;) Couldn't be any worse than Big W in Bunno.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DRB said:
GAWD you are so MEAN.

Maybe somebody got their sense of humor trampled on Friday morning?
I know I'm mean...I'm also a complete f*cking asshole...that's another reason I found this poor unfortunate soul's misfortune so friggin hilarious!

I suppose now that my birthday is over, I should change my avatar back to the old one or perhaps to the Christmas one.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
I know I'm mean...I'm also a complete f*cking asshole...that's another reason I found this poor unfortunate soul's misfortune so friggin hilarious!

I suppose now that my birthday is over, I should change my avatar back to the old one or perhaps to the Christmas one.
Oh yeah I forgot about the whole asshole thing... that might be it too.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Joe Pozer said:
someone's misfortune? ha!, right...it was people being idiots. If you stand in line for hours in front of a Wal-Mart to buy a cheap-ass piece of junk $30 DVD player, which you'll probably be able to buy after x-mas for $15, then you deserve to get laughed at for getting trampled.
:think: Hmm...I guess I'd better return that dvd/vcr player I got for you at Walmart for Christmas...and to think I was in line at 3:00 a.m. Friday morning getting groped and nearly trampled to get it...

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dh girlie said:
:think: Hmm...I guess I'd better return that dvd/vcr player I got for you at Walmart for Christmas...and to think I was in line at 3:00 a.m. Friday morning getting groped and nearly trampled to get it...

Still better than the gift you got me last Christmas :mad: Nothing better than getting my cigs from a donkey's ass