Quantcast

No real intresting posts! here's a tid bit and a ?.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
bullcrew said:
When doing tubeless use the stans to help seal the bead. Yu will get alot better seal and reduce burping, I haven't burped mine yet and I like flat landings plus I weigh 205lb.

Oh yeah and never oil squeaky brakes, just use grease. :D
what tire/ rim combo you run?

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
For chainstay protection, I found some clear thick tubing in my house, cut it to length, split it down the middle and zip tied it to my chainstay/seatstay. Works awesome, and you can see the paint through it

Also, for cleaning, the simplegreen degreaser works like a charm.

-Adam

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i used to run a short cage Ultegra der.
i got sick of hearing it slap the stays so i made a bumper w/ a pc of tube and zip tied it to the der. body. worked great. then i went ss haha

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
mtnbrider said:
People are wierd these days. Why wouldn't they want red, even though they won't see it?
I'm surprised Walmart doesn't sell a camo version of it. :p

It's insulation tape to keep cold pipes from "sweating" and dripping water.

Maybe this stuff...
Pipe Wrap

Mike

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
electricians friction tape works well too and is very durable and east to patch over.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Picked up some of that pipe-fix wrap, truly amazing stuff. Unfortunately I got a little excited and ran out halfway through, but I'll go snap some more up soon. Thanks for the tip.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You can find that pipe wrap stuff in the electrical isle at home depot right next to the cheap electrical tape. We don't have walmarts in the city.

For a good spot degreaser, use isopropyl alcohol. Basically, rubbing alcohol, without the water. It works as a adhesive remover and degreaser but it won't eat paint.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
buildyourown said:
You can find that pipe wrap stuff in the electrical isle at home depot right next to the cheap electrical tape. We don't have walmarts in the city.

For a good spot degreaser, use isopropyl alcohol. Basically, rubbing alcohol, without the water. It works as a adhesive remover and degreaser but it won't eat paint.
How much was it?
I paid $5.89 at Wal-Mart.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
The CEO of Walmart eats babies.

I might have to check out the pipe wrap. I found roadie bar tape to be awesome but it's $12 for maybe 2 bikes and it won't last. Old tubes wrapped around your chainstay and bound with zip-ties is also really good (and durable) if you don't have a lot of money.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
black noise said:
The CEO of Walmart eats babies.

I might have to check out the pipe wrap. I found roadie bar tape to be awesome but it's $12 for maybe 2 bikes and it won't last. Old tubes wrapped around your chainstay and bound with zip-ties is also really good (and durable) if you don't have a lot of money.
As long as he sells pipe tape he can eat Rosanne Barr for all I care. MMMMMMM!
Excuse me now I need to go wash my brain of that thought.:eek: