Quantcast

(no) Saturday GMT (yet)

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Wake up :monkey:s

Just relaxing around the house with the wife & kid this morning. Going to a friend's son's 1st birthday party this afternoon. Kid's birthday parties for us means a decent amount of beer drinkin and talking about when the f*ck did we all grow up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Watching Haley right now. Heading up to Longmont around 10am to get the Forester tuned. That is all I have planned

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in, slowly the coffee is burning off the brain fog. Another weekend of no riding, having broken the braking fingers on my right hand really sucks. Going to get the house ready for a bunch of friends to come over this afternoon....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Back from a week in CO.
Little brothers MMJ card made my mother/visit tolerable.
Wife again stoked on skiing after chasing our oldest all over A Basin; win.

5 days and counting until long weekend at hunting camp in maine ice-fishing/sledding with my boys.
The women finally demanded that our beer and two-stoke fueled mancamps finally involve the little dudes.
Hindsight will be 20/20.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sick as a dog in Kauai. 'Tis shiz.

Still pretty nice though. Gonna check out the local farmer's market and probably get rained on. Going to watch a surf contest too.

I haven't been this sick in years.

Burnt-Orange

Monkey
Jan 5, 2013
got a ride in on the fat bike today
I feel stable again
hope it is not too long before I can get my fix again

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of skiing, I basically got my Mount Snow season pass reimbursed via gift card. I'll take it! Holding onto that for next year's pass. Unless Wife uses it to buy new ski boots, which I'd be cool with.
I told you.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The dyno turned out interesting... I have been having some front end lag, not really getting to full boost until around 4800 rpm (should be 2800) with a live power band of around 1000 rpm. The dyno showed a really bad turbo lag, which i should be getting with my setup, and a nasty boost spike to over 18psi (mind 18psi is considered very aggressive). We backed the map down a bit to limit the spike, but I need to do some fixing.

I am going to be replacing my damaged up-pipe, post-MAF intake pipe, and possibly my my inlet hose. The intake parts are original 10 years and 110k miles, so they will need to be done soon anyways. The up-pipe is one of the parts the original owner installed, and it just failed internally. Either way I am looking at a minimum $300 fix (sans-labor), but more likely $800-900, as the labor on it is difficult enough to have someone do it for me.

Yeah! So much for any new bike parts. But at least the Subie will live longer, and be faster in the process.

My baseline numbers, despite the boost issues, are pretty good though. At the wheel 257hp / 318 ft tq. For context a stock STI is 215hp on this dyno, with a stage 2 is around 235hp.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's noon and I just ate breakfast. I'm ok with this.
i hated not being able to sleep.....but what i hated even more was if i slept until 9 or 10 oclock i the morning even though i hadn't gone to sleep until around 2-3 in the morning...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What?

You *have* to be doing it wrong.
Oh dude, I'm sure I was. Deepest snow I've ever skied, no doubt.

We did hot laps all day without so much as a pause, and the hike up to the ridge ate up some of my battery. That said, it's on my list of favorite exhausting activities. :D

(I lol'd at your text exchange with FT. Ask him about his wicked double eject under the lift!)

Last edited: