Quantcast

No secret that New Orleans would be screwed if a hurricane hit

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Uh, NO asked for Federal assistance BEFORE Katrina hit... Check your facts. The Feds ****ed up just as much as Brown and co. Everyone deserves a good :nuts:.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
you're missing the point of the article in that blanco and nagin failed on what THEY were sposed to do

re-read the 2nd to last para he admits FEMA was slow, however he was VERY specific about the responsibilities of the mayor and gvnr

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
No, the article totally focusses the blame on the locals. As you pointed out FEMA is only mentioned near the end, and in a way that makes a false assumption to further shift blame from them. Great.

You article is fairly crap as it has either been written to deflect the correct portion of blame from the Federal agencies, or the reporter hasn't done his homework.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
They are culpable you black and white seeing fool. However the Feds are equally, if not slightly more culpable, as they had more ability to ease the situation and still did not.

Can you not understand that more than one entity may be at fault?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
ridetoofast said:
yes i can but you seem to want to lay a disproportionate blame where it doesnt belong...i don't her you screaming for blancos and nagin's head like you are brown and bush...
OK, Show me where I did either.