Quantcast

no sleep till Brooklyn: today's ride = urban

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Today I drove down to NYC from Mass. I arrived and my man Henry (some of y'all met him at the M'Fest) took me on a sweet ride from Prospect Park area across the Brooklyn Bridge (sweet!!!!) then rode around up to Times square. Down to the Bowery, into Chinatown and then across the Manhattan Bridge back to Brooklyn and Prospect Park.

All in all I recommend riding in the city (i have always loved playing dodge'em with the taxis and busses). The Brooklyn Bridge is a much prettier bridge to ride across. The Manhattan is cool too, but the Brooklyn is better.

Now we are off to play Bocce at some nearby bar (bocce in a bar?) And I'm told the bartender is real pretty....... :heart:

-pigboy

ps. tomorrow: upstate NY near Lake Champlain

pigboy

jdcamb said:
I love riding in NYC! I prefer to do it on the road bike though. Sounds cool....

i was riding JBP's Brimstone. very good bike for urban. simple. rugged.

tonight i was Bocce king for a while. then my bicycling calf cramp dumped me in the ditch.

ah caramba!

pigboy

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
next time your coming NYC post something the day before. I'll show you some fun places to ride!!!! ever hear of the brooklyn banks???

pigboy

hooples3 said:
next time your coming NYC post something the day before. I'll show you some fun places to ride!!!! ever hear of the brooklyn banks???
will do. wasn't really thinking of riding before i got here, but Henry was gung ho for it and I was happy to join in.

and no i have never heard of the Brooklyn Banks