Quantcast

NO Spanish No Ingles just freaking drawings

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
the other day some guys were joking about my lack of Ingles,,
so I have a somehow Fun proposal (at least for me) lets try to comunicate ideas and concepts ussing Only your Visualization skill.... I promise I totally promise i will lot :D :D :D ...

One example all this are hand drawing at the most I use a ruler and maybe a compass but is no temeplates, pictures nothing helping out just a brain conected to the hand
,,No more words i promise.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Greyhound said:
I have no idea what that is, but it's really cool to look at.
is a Modular sistem that I develope for "Paris Dakar" Rally bikes, so the pilot can have easy acess to the information require like GPS's roll charts, maps, some of the features is that be easilly move(change angle and overall possition) "On the fly" to dimish sun glare and optimize the visual aid according to the riders posture (when sitting and /or standing)

for the last year I'm being working on a servo assist mounting sistem that will move acording to the location and angle of the EYES of the rider, Mostlly ussing Automated helicopter Gunnery technology (just because the challenge and the fun) but so far no much progress

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
While your drawing is very nice, your MTB in that drawing is a hardtail with caliper brakes. You need to fix that pronto!

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
loco said:
Cool - a rolling toilet. :think:

Noope a self proper Running toilet, ussing a biodigestor as a sourse of energy and a rain water collector at the very top, also notice the reciclable "Roll Chart" so you know exactlly were you are going..

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Flakey Jake said:
While your drawing is very nice, your MTB in that drawing is a hardtail with caliper brakes. You need to fix that pronto!
well I made that drawing for a contest in 1997 and at that time i did not have much confident on the disc brakes sistem.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Heidi said:
I've actually seen a guy riding a motorcycle with a bike on a rack here in Bend.
Maybe that was me, i being in Bend 3-4 times (love that town) on My way to B.C. from california.

Loaded it looks like this and sometimes even more when I'm traveling with a girlfriend since is even less space for everything necesary for 3/4 weeks on the road.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
johnbryanpeters said:
Ricardo,

That is nice work. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing.

John
thanks John..

i just love to see people pushing theirs own dreams and making them happend and if i can inspire them just a little,, be it...

let me give you a short story about my life so you understand me a little better...
i was declare Dislexic since i was really little (among a few other things) and i did not do to well when it came to comunicate with letters and things like talking or understanding verbal lenguages,,

anyway do to that, I became really good at taking things a part sadlly a lot better than putting them back togheter (as a early outlet for a form of expression), well the years when by and I keep drawing and making strange things with whatever i can find, at high school i was a total desaster but when I enter university...oh boy that was a diferent story.. I figure out ways to convince most of my teachers to trade my Writen papers for theatrical presentations, squematics, drawings, games whatever I can think that will help me express what I was trying to say...to make the story short, I end up with two masters deggres and Teaching classses in Industrial design, drawing and "lateral thinking" ussing my F^^K-up ways to relate(find new solutions) problems in my (Everybody have this capacity, if you let it happend) brain...

with all this I don't want to become the center of attencion,, what I'm trying to Tell everybody is that is okay to be a little "Funny in the head" or not exactlly convensional and you can still be a important factor and a member of society, so whatever you problems are don't try to hyde them because you are afraid people will not understand you,, F^^K them they don't know that they are Missing when they are "Driving" on this boring and straight route most people call Life...

I'm sure DW and guys like Alex "BCD" feel similar ways, since they have a incredible avility to see what other people ussually don't, anyway i'm glad to find like minded comrades that like similar things..

some other projects just for fun.
sorry for the quality of the pictures,,this are some drawings that i did about 20 years ago when I was working at a small airplane manufacture, learning how to use composites and all that fun and stinky stuff.

this one was my "practical tesis" for my Deggre in ergonomics
a big a^^tent that was extremlly easy to set up and help people to have a temporary habitad after a big catastrofy.

hey at least i learn how to saw after many many milles of tread put togheter

I was able to make a structure ussing basic prinsiples of compression(Steel spring Wire) and comun fabric working under tension that weight 52 kilos and cover 50 square meters,,so ONE Meter X kilo is not bad at all.

but still adress many psilogical and sociological element that pay a big part in thise sad days.

my last tesis was in "Human transportation" and I work with a big coach company to make a Double decker bus for them..(remenber this is Bogota colombia)

well I guess I end up taking about my self again...

now how about you gals and gals,,!?!?
show us your own dreams and projects in here for others to apreciate

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
come On fellows and fellowets let see some 2-D and 3-D work, i'm sure this place is full of really smart and intrepid people,,let see it...!!!

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
actually organizing mt foto galleries a found this fotos of a awesome day at clear creek.

i hope you guys like them

I think I can pretty much do that all day long...

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Keep em coming. This stuff is interesting. :thumb:
MMcG said:
Yeah keep this thread going Ricardo - hit us with some updated pics of your tandem!

You should build some bikes!!
Okay what else do you like to see...!?!?

More clueless out of place adventures...?

Two year ago I race the 100mille long Mushman main race at the Elsinore gran prix, oviuslly i end up being a "Movil obstacle" more than a real competitor.

here i'm getting ready for one of the big jumps

I only last five laps until i high side and crack some bones and also the bike subframe

but before that I got to pass some guys on the turns, let me tell you racing a 600pound bike on a motocross race is like trying to trim your nails with a 9" grinder, yeah challenging but also not the best choice, at the time i was exploring the boundries of what a big bike can do, this day I kind of know, at least know better.

needless to say my poor bike was not made for this kind of trashing

at least at the time i have a "Angel" to crew, Irina was super helpful for the body fixing.

she is my Ex but i still think of her a lot.

anyway the subframe mounts broke off.

so I fix them, the welding did not work to well, so i made some "backup plates" hand carve of course.

now the subframe is fine , but does not help much since i blow up the engine a few months later.

I also broke the "Windscreen"

so i did some "Face lifting"

some how i preffer to fix things and BE PrOuD of my adventures

i also done the same for others.

cool I end up showing you some "Work" stuff too..

i see you guys later i need to run now.

Oh I forgot to tell you I build Golem out of one of this Street bikes.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Hey Ricardo ,this is the first time I have ever seen one of your threads ,it cracks me up the way you write in spingles ,it reminds me of my father inlaw(he`s a really great guy right now he Lives in Mexico ) ,when we are discussing things ,to me you are speaking /writing perfectly ,and I really enjoy the pictures they are some really cool items ,btw that bike rack is so cool on the back of your Moto ................ Keep on sharing your great talent

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
LordOpie said:
yeah, so will we tonight ;) :devil:
oh man If I call tell you and ShOw you stories.

actually she is a Dual PhD knows how to fly planes among many other things.

she is also a total tropper, never complians and is always ready for anything.

and she gets the Job done ,,, everytime.

Oh Boy... do i miss her:nopity:

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
odiwik said:
Hey, can you explain your fairing stitching please? I just fell in love with it.
I really like the safety wire stitching repair. A much neater job than I could do...
Now you are testing me and for sure testing your selfs

let see if i can explain this in a way that makes some sense.
let use a example maybe that way we can follow a procedure,,,

one day I let my wonderful friend Ingrid ride my bike.

everything was fine until we (i was in the back) got to a decreasing radius and to complete Upwards 180 deggre turn (I have trouble on that turn before)

Yeah Ingrid got scare and end up releasing the clutch a little to fast, needless so say the big monster stand up on the rear wheel and end up climping the side on a small hill (about 15 feet) the bike was Totally FUBAR(broke mirror, bend the front subframe, broke turn signals, etc) but then again is being in Fubar state for a long time so no big deal.

Lady ingrid got a few scares and I got a big bubbbu on my butt since I land on it from about 5 feet high when the bike became vertical

anyway after a few hours of contemplation and playing "Nutty Nurse" i got back to fix the bike, the "Beak" of my GS (the one with the bike rack) was broken, well to be exact the repair i did before (from another crash) fail (I do that on porpuse, so i can repair it again and again) is kind of a "FUSE" concept, if the forces are far to great is better for the pieces to become undone and oppose to crack somewere else even more.

well let go to work, the beak took the impact really well, so the only thing i need to do is to cut the safety wire and "Re-lace" it again...

I ussually make holes at about 1/4' of a inch apart and about a 1/4' from the crack, i also try to make the holes on the other side aling so everything is simetrical.

this picture is from another bike but maybe will show how is done much better.

First thing is to cut a strand of wire about two feet long (much more than that is just a pain because it gets entangle to easy) of the thinnest you can find (sorry I don't remenber the gauge) I start by I inserting the wire from the "Back side" and then chose one of the holes (does not really matter what side) to start the spin, i ussually do five turns (by hand, no need for pliers) that is about the right amount of tension for a 1/4" distance, after i finish spining the two wires I procede to the next hole on the same side, I insert one of the two wires (I try to keep it even so i don't end up with one wire much longer than the other one) to go into the "back side" and the other one goes to the opossite side on the surface were i start the process again on the oposite side so i get this "zig-zag" look

another detail so you can see the height a little better, you want to keep the repair as close to the surface as posible so does not get entangle with stuff (not like is anything spyke or anything.)

this is the underside of the beak ( same as any other repair) you can see that is no strands of safety wire to cut your fingers and get "Velcro" to your gloves, cleaning rags and clothes) and in fact it looks like a fancy shoe lace work (you can also select to use this as the visible side) sometimes if the crack is to long i will use more than one piece of wire and i simply cover the extra "spyke" wire with more lacing.

this is a corner detail of the repair, maybe the most complicated part of the repair since you have two rathios changing in distance, oh well..

here is the beak fix and ready to be reinstall

repair and install on the bike and ready to be crash again hopefully by some Amazon woman so i can "Play Doctor" again.

I hope this is suffient, somehow i can not upload pictures (computer file corrupt ) to really make a proper tutorial.

if you head is not spinning already i present you the .....
"Spin in the head A la ricky"

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Is is some cool ****! When I get home I'll try to get a few pictures together of some of my bike frames in Solidworks/autocad. Every once in a while I zoom way out on my autocad files and say to myself "how the **** do I even know what means what?"
but who knows, I understand exactly what I'm doing at the bikes tend to work out!
Awesome stuff, Patineto! I can't wait to try that wire trick, that's really cool (I think I understand what you're telling us to do)

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
LordOpie said:
awesome drawings and photos.

Wanna make a bike rack for my 1986 BMW K75? :)

Nope sorry way to much work, but maybe this can help you,,, I did a S^^T load of drawings and prototypes trying to figure out a "Universal" sistem, but i was unable to find the "Roseta" stone of the puzzle plus the liability cost was just to much so i abandon the ship, like a little wet rat..

some of them are pretty interesting

and some of them are just fun

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Spitfired said:
Is is some cool ****! When I get home I'll try to get a few pictures together of some of my bike frames in Solidworks/autocad. Every once in a while I zoom way out on my autocad files and say to myself "how the **** do I even know what means what?"
but who knows, I understand exactly what I'm doing at the bikes tend to work out!
Awesome stuff, Patineto!
Great....
that will be so cool if you share with the rest of us

I'm sure anybody have the ability to design and come up with news way of doing things, sadlly many people forget they also have the ability to porsue their own dreams.

Oh when I do "Hack" work like that I call it PennyTech since they are solutions pretty much made out of nothing... hopefully repitable by diferent subjects with their own spin, materials and spirit to it..

I can't wait to try that wire trick, that's really cool (I think I understand what you're telling us to do)
well let me know if i can help...
but no matter what don't go breaking your wife's stuff in the sake of progress and experimentation.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
kinghami3 said:
Gives a whole new meaning to tread marks
in Theory is sopose to be self contain unit but with all this people driving when they are drinking doublemokatriplelattes, reading the newspaper and doing their nails, you never know what can happend.

will be fun to see for sure.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
that stiching trick is badass I tried it on a soda bottle that I cut up, once you get the hang of what your doing its very simple in fact. Truely some great designs you got, but whats that allum. contraption I kept seeing on the right of your bikes handelbars, the one that has all kinds of little metal things on springs and elastic?