Quantcast

No suspension until 2005

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Well, the verdict's in. I just spent the last day and half in court over "traffic violations" and it has been determined that I will not be holding a license for the next 90 days. No, it's not something I am proud of, but I am trying to be positive about it. And that means...

"NO SUSPENSION UNTIL 2005."

I figure as long as I am going to become "Commuter Boy" for the winter, that I will eschew all forms of bicycle suspension during my revokation of driving priviledges. So, road bike and BMX it is. An 11 mile one-way commute to work every day, and then skatepark and BMX racing on the weekends when I can get a ride there.

Please note that in the more descriptive terms I state that I will be going without BICYCLE suspension for the winter. I still plan on getting roosted at the moto track and hitting big @ss kickers on my dirtbike! That isn't cheating is it? :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
I would probably be better off without my car. But I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it.
Yea... me too. There was an interesting article in Bicycling Mag a couple of months ago about a guy in NYC who decided to ride everywhere he went for a month (I think it was a month). I thought about it (for about 5 seconds), but...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dude, whatever you do DO NOT get caught driving on a suspended license. It is a huge fine, and can follow you for years. Trust me, I know.

Sorry to hear about your license. It happened to me once. I lost a lotta pounds riding my bike everywhere though.

Just out of curiosity... Why is losing your drivers license prompting you to eschew bicycle suspension?

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
I just got rid of my car. I have a 5 mile commute each way, it's nice. Jessica and I and our niece (2 years old) are making it just fine with one car. I hate parking at the university ($4.00 plus a 10 minute climb up stairs to get to campus), so a bike is the only way to go.

The Shogun touring bike I got for $20 kicks ass too, canti's and a triple, plus I put my fenders and my light system on, it's not a bad commuter. The stinky's still got a busted BB though...

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
With a bike you are free to explore all the sapce! Really use it all! Don't hold back, I'm telling you, you will want more COWBELL!!

Nothing really related, just love your avatar.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ciaran said:
Just out of curiosity... Why is losing your drivers license prompting you to eschew bicycle suspension?
Meh... I was already contemplating it, and losing the license just gave me a good excuse. Word!

J

JRB

It sounds like you actually got suspension until 2005 yo. ;)

Bummer, but the riding will be good. :thumb:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
loco-gringo said:
It sounds like you actually got suspension until 2005 yo. ;)
Totally yeah! That's what I'll get tatooed on my neck: No suspension for the suspended... 'til '05, b!tch!

Skookum said:
Lord Opie outed your real name. What a dick.....
Yeah, well... that guy Steve can be a little jerk-off-ish at times, can't he? ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Skookum said:
Lord Opie outed your real name.
ya make it sound like he's gay.

He's smooooove like buttah. The ladies line up and the toss aways, well, most guys would kill for women like that. I just stand in his wake and soak in the extra boobies.

FT, ya know I'm a roadie wuss now and I ride every weekend in the foothills, so call me when you wanna spin.