Quantcast

No Type 6 from Iron Horse?

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
I thought the new Type 6 from IH was coming out...but I didn't see any pics from interbike or see any news online about it. Does anyone know if it is still coming out?

JK:UK

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
i can't find anything in the search, and am MORE than interested in this bike. well maybe just interested.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Was there any prototypes at Interbike? I would think they would have at least had a proto or two and a picture might have snuck out. :sneaky:

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I thought IronHorse were not to bothered about releasing a bike at interbike they just release em when they release em.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
they had one but no shock on it,it will most likely be THE bike if it comes out like DW intends it to.
The factory is at max capacity and it will take a while to get a few to test then produce,they are shootin for July.

They had a 6" DH race bike(sea otter specific) that has Sunday geo-it was really cool,no intent on ever producing it,just candy

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
leprechaun said:

They had a 6" DH race bike(sea otter specific) that has Sunday geo-it was really cool,no intent on ever producing it,just candy
heh...that's funny dude considering that Steve Peat, Nathan Rennie and Mike King have all won the DH on their DH squishers..Rennie twice.:love:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
According to the guy I just spoke to at Iron Horse this is not the new Type 6. It looks like the same bike I posted about a while back. It is supposed to be a Super D style bike with Sunday like geometry. It is planned to be an 07 model.

The Type 6 that was at Interbike was supposed to be orange with a Fox 36.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Salami said:
According to the guy I just spoke to at Iron Horse this is not the new Type 6. It looks like the same bike I posted about a while back. It is supposed to be a Super D style bike with Sunday like geometry. It is planned to be an 07 model.

The Type 6 that was at Interbike was supposed to be orange with a Fox 36.
...hmmm, somebody is confused, it says Type6 right on the downtube. :)

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
jncarpenter said:
...hmmm, somebody is confused, it says Type6 right on the downtube. :)
Definitely no confusion at all. The lastest thread just has better pictures of the wrong bike. It does say Type 6. I could put a Porsche sticker on my Huffy but it doesn't make it a Porsche. The biggest giveaway is the Type 6 is supposed to be able to use a regular front derailluer.

The bike is the same one I posted in this thread: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133162&highlight=type

Scroll down and read post #10 from DW himself.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Salami said:
Definitely no confusion at all. The lastest thread just has better pictures of the wrong bike. It does say Type 6. I could put a Porsche sticker on my Huffy but it doesn't make it a Porsche. The biggest giveaway is the Type 6 is supposed to be able to use a regular front derailluer.

The bike is the same one I posted in this thread: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133162&highlight=type

Scroll down and read post #10 from DW himself.
..no need to get your feelings hurt, I wasn't implying that YOU were the confused one. IMHO, if Huffy exhibits a new model at a bike show displaying a porsche sticker...someone was definitely confused. No matter how you try & dress the situation up, whether or NOT that is indeed the Type6, it is clearly displayed as such. Is this so hard to understand? Nice lloking ride....regardless! :p

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
jncarpenter said:
..no need to get your feelings hurt, I wasn't implying that YOU were the confused one. IMHO, if Huffy exhibits a new model at a bike show displaying a porsche sticker...someone was definitely confused. No matter how you try & dress the situation up, whether or NOT that is indeed the Type6, it is clearly displayed as such. Is this so hard to understand? Nice lloking ride....regardless! :p

No feelings hurt. I was trying to make a point that is not a Type 6. That is from DW's own mouth.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I think i am going to hold out for the release of this bike. IMO its perfect.
You don't know the half Manhattan, this bike is the real deal! I usually rock the 7point7 as I am a big guy (6'1, 200lbs). But after several rides on this rig I have to tell you I'm thinking about switching...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up here but the bike shown in these pics is a one-off race development project bike. If it sees the light of day it won't be for another 18 mos at the earliest.

As for 06 Type 6's, they are delayed for at least a year due to frame factory capacity issues. We are not taking any orders on this bike. I don't want anyone's feeling hurt when the bike doesn't show up.

-ska todd