Quantcast

No weight restrictions. Lets see your DH bike!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
how about pictures of dh and dj bikes? bikes and actions shots? now that would be a thread. nothing like the thread with the asian kid getting roundhoused, but close.

and some action shots

Last edited:

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
my bike doesn't take static shotz. Although it's due for a replacement soon...

It's sub 40 with the hopes and Flows, so maybe I should put it back in the other thread.

cept here on the way home from a PA race last year.

Dave, when you coming back?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of the track, check out this rocket I found on the trail while digging last week. It was about a foot or two under the surface. I wonder how that got there.

Probably unexploded avalanche ordinance

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Brian, you have a bigger version of that anywhere? Nice pic.
david, that's all i have. I think herbie has the original though. Good times, definitely looking forward to this winters shuttle series.

thought so! looks way gnarlier looking up the trail like that! that trail is fun for sure.
no doubt, that section definitely smooths out with speed, especially with all the work done in the last 2 years. I remember years past though when that section didnt see much trail work and it was a lot rougher.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
no doubt, that section definitely smooths out with speed, especially with all the work done in the last 2 years. I remember years past though when that section didnt see much trail work and it was a lot rougher.
That thing used to be so scary to straightline through with the ruts. Landing int he middle is like hitting a pillow now since they cleaned it up for the race....last year I think?

Same with the second section with the two drops. Pretty much dancing between ruts on the landings. Now it's a highway.

Before any of that, REALLY long ago, the whole trail was 6" wide. Now you could take a 4x4 up it....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yep, they named the trail after a kenda tire by hans rey is what i heard.
Way off. Telonix was named after the business located at the bottom of the hill where the trail lets out "telonix something something". It was named that in the late 80's/early 90's. It's been called Telonix since I first started riding Aliso/Laguna Canyons in '93.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Way off. Telonix was named after the business located at the bottom of the hill where the trail lets out "telonix something something". It was named that in the late 80's/early 90's. It's been called Telonix since I first started riding Aliso/Laguna Canyons in '93.
sorry, i should have used the sarcasm emoticons, I've been riding teloniCs for 10 years now.

i should get a schlorship to study sarcasm. Kidwoo and The Joker in the same post, damn I'm good! :weee:

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Subtlety was obviously lost here...

The business name is called Telonic Berkeley actually. Make smoke meters and filters or O2 sensors or some such thing according to their website. Could have sworn the sign outside though says structural and civil engineering, but that might not apply to them.

Edit: I'm kinda curious how well the Telonix tire works on the actual trail.