Quantcast

No Whistler for me this year. :mumble:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Planned to go out to Whistler next week (first time this year) and wouldn't ya know it.....BAM instant busted ankle today. :mumble:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Planned to go out to Whistler next week (first time this year) and wouldn't ya know it.....BAM instant busted ankle today. :mumble:
WOW! Sorry to hear that EB :( This year is showing no mercy in the injury department :mad:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I second that...that totally stinks EvilBob! :( Everyone's injured and I have no car and....sigh....well, next season will be better...

And of course there's always the Shore :D

How long are you out?

Jr

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
evilbob said:
man that sucks, we're going to whistler next weekend. it seems like there have been alot of injuries this year. how did you break your leg?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
:(

Bob...what did you do? If you say slipped in the bath tub I will laugh until I cry. :D

Did you break it biking? If so was it very far out?

Kevin

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
evilbob said:
yea! busted ankle club!

wha'd u do to yours?

i'm in cast for 6 weeks :angry:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just like my dear departed grammy used to say, when it rains it pours.

i personally think us PNW'ers are having problems because we really don't know how to ride unless it's rainy and muddy.

Healing vibes for my pal EvilBob and Fast & Smooth.

------------------------:dancing:--------- :dancing:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
evilbob said:

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! :mumble:
I am sorry to hear about that. Just heal up and we will see you soon. You just might be 100% before they shut it down for the year? :thumb:
Take care Evil bob!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Wow that was the best sleep I have had in a long time. :) Percocets and what ever it was the nurse shot me with when I left the ER last night. :thumb: :thumb: Thanks for the well wishes and sorry to hear Fast and Smooth is down also. :( Ok here's what happened. Went out on a BBTC camp and ride deal this weekend. Saturday we road the Ape Canyon trail out to Windy Ridge some did it out and back others continued to Smith Creek to do a loop. Ape Canyon to Windy Ridge crosses the Plains of Abraham (blow down and mud flow area of Mt. St. Helens) and for anyone who hasn't been there, go. Sunday we road from the Lower Falls campground down The Lewis River Trail, awesome trail. We were about 4 miles from the end when we ran across a challenging little tech climb that only had enough room for one rider at a time. On my second try I almost made it over the top when my rear wheel spun on a rock/root and the bike slipped off at an odd angle, then over the edge of the trail I went. I landed about 10 feet down slope bounced, flipped over again then stopped. If I hadn't stopped where I did you would have seen "Everett Man gets Airlifted from Lewis River" on the news last night, it was a long way down. Some where in that second flip my leg hit a tree just above the ankle and broke the none load bearing bone. :( Once again the true nature of bike peeps was displayed as everyone there pitched in an helped get me out. We got the ankle taped well enough that I was able to Hope, Crawl, Scoot and Ride my way out the remaining 4 miles. This was not the ride I had planned but was still a blast and the last 4 miles we managed to have fun anyway. The brake happened about 12:20pm, I got out, drove all the way back to Everett, the family unloaded the car and then took me to the ER which was packed. I finally got home about 1:00am I think. Man, what a long day. The brake is about an inch above the place where the bone sticks out on the outside of your ankle. The doctor in the ER thinks it might heal without surgery but I will need to wait till friday to see the bone doc. Until then I hope that everyone who is still healthy will go out and have a little fun for those of us that are not. Cheers :thumb: :evil:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Hey! That's the same one I broke....but not in any dramatic fashion ;)

Glad you hear you're doing okay. We can do some recovery rides on the road when you're ready!

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
wierd snacks mine is in the same spot and happened at the same time. (as eveil bob's!) spooky!

3 of us with the exact same injury...let's have a gimp party! but no drinking that would kill us right now

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Hey! That's the same one I broke....but not in any dramatic fashion ;)

Glad you hear you're doing okay. We can do some recovery rides on the road when you're ready!
Sounds good, I was thinking about putting some commuter tires on the C-Dale, platform pedals on it and cut up a piece of old tire to bungie onto my cast in about three weeks. Then I can at least hit the bike trail and spin a little.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
actually i have 5 more weeeks of cast which puts me to about sept 17 and whistler is open weekends til about oct 11 so i'll be goin back for sure!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Fast&Smooth said:
actually i have 5 more weeeks of cast which puts me to about sept 17 and whistler is open weekends til about oct 11 so i'll be goin back for sure!
:angry: My docs not gonna talk cast till Friday at the earliest so I can't start the count down till he says. Won't know if they will need to cut until Friday at the earliest aaarrggggh this sucks. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: Where are my meds? Damn I can see the bottom of the bottle, jjjjeeeezzzzz! Where's the phone? ;) :evil: Actually I'm at work thinking I should be back home watching Jerry Springer. :D

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Sorry to hear about the injury... hope you heal up soon.

Me and Oxygen77 were out at Ape Canyon/Plains of Abraham this weekend too! I remember passing by all the BBTC riders up on the Plains and THOUGHT I recognized a few folks, but I wasn't sure!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
Sorry to hear about the injury... hope you heal up soon.

Me and Oxygen77 were out at Ape Canyon/Plains of Abraham this weekend too! I remember passing by all the BBTC riders up on the Plains and THOUGHT I recognized a few folks, but I wasn't sure!
Not to hyjack the thread....but how was that ride? Did you do it on your Bullit?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Snacks said:
Not to hyjack the thread....but how was that ride? Did you do it on your Bullit?
threadjacker.... :nope: :p

It was fun and really beautiful. Kinda deceptive in my opinion.. the first part of the climb on the singletrack is tough because it's pretty constant, but then you get out to the Plains of Abraham and the grade lessens, but the condition of the trail goes from hardpack to sandy/loose volcanic rocks :dead: . All in all, a GREAT ride. I posted some pics from the ride in the members gallery HERE.

oh yeah... did it on the Bullit, and will continue to do so until :drool: I :drool: get :drool: a :drool: 5 :drool: spot :drool: :drool: :)

samich457

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Stinkin Lincoln
Hope you all heal up fast! Its a long grueling wait though. Just got my cast off my wrist last week. 7 weeks total. Did it at Whistler on the first day of a week long trip! It sucks cause we had the trip planned for a year. Hopeing to go back in the near future. Anyways hope you all get better soon!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
threadjacker.... :nope: :p

It was fun and really beautiful. Kinda deceptive in my opinion.. the first part of the climb on the singletrack is tough because it's pretty constant, but then you get out to the Plains of Abraham and the grade lessens, but the condition of the trail goes from hardpack to sandy/loose volcanic rocks :dead: . All in all, a GREAT ride. I posted some pics from the ride in the members gallery HERE.

oh yeah... did it on the Bullit, and will continue to do so until :drool: I :drool: get :drool: a :drool: 5 :drool: spot :drool: :drool: :)
Oh....nice shots! I can't wait to go later this year with Skookum :)

You want a Spot?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Snacks said:
Oh....nice shots! I can't wait to go later this year with Skookum :)

You want a Spot?
I'd go again... and I'm sure Oxy77 would....

Want a 5spot? Are you offering???? Going to sell some of your gasoline powered lawn and driveway furniture and make a charitable donation???
;) :devil:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
I'd go again... and I'm sure Oxy77 would....

Want a 5spot? Are you offering???? Going to sell some of your gasoline powered lawn and driveway furniture and make a charitable donation???
;) :devil:
Cool. I think we are going to plan on going towards the end of Sept. We all have to heal from our broken bones.

Mine too small for you :p Sadly I haven't even got to rode it on the dirt yet, just on the Burke Gilman :( So I don't even know how it handles :(

I would love to sell one of the trucks....but I'm picking my battles :blah:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Hey Happy, that BBTC crowd was the one I was in. That whole trail Ape canyon up to Windy Ridge was awesome. I got a few shots on my digicam too, haven't found it yet in all my camping gear. However, after seeing Mt. St. Helens, The Plains of Abraham and the surrounding area for myself (finally) I don't believe any picture or film can truely do it justice. Snacks if you and Trail Hacker have not been there, go.....unbelievable! :thumb: While your there go hike the Ape Cave and ride the Lewis River trail, awesome. I will be going back again just not this year. Well, time to go elevate and ice again.......where are those Percocets..........aaahhh hhaaa there they are.......come here my little friends........ok I'm good now bye bye...... :D :evil: