Quantcast

No Wingdings for you Saturday

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Installing new microwave. Discovered that because I have no venting to the outside I need a recirculating kit. Nobody carries said kit. Fuck you Sears and HD and everywhere else that I looked into buying this from for never once putting that into ANYTHING that detailed the fucking microwave.
I run a microwave I bought used from a friend 20 years ago for $5.00. It doesn't need a vent.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I run a microwave I bought used from a friend 20 years ago for $5.00. It doesn't need a vent.
It's an over range microwave that doubles as the stove fan. There is a built-in filter when you set it up for recirculating, but you need the appropriate filter. Whatever. I just told Wifey to not use the fan until I get the part.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rofl. Let me know if Pat from AF still does the tongue thing while he plays.
Couldn't tell. They we're totally focused on Davey. Wifey's best comment: "Oh. This is AFI!" She listens to too much country.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When I first got into riding, people were saying they like riding with their bar slammed. I tried it, hated it, and proceeded to raise my bar back as high as I could. Never looked back.
The funny thing is that I'm used to lower bars, from my 130 mm travel 5010. I tried to replicate that, and somehow it felt awful.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mental disconnect amonsgt the audience at tonight's concert:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JZe1U3QcZzi9bP8Z7
That says "Ammo Supply Warehouse: Protect What's Yours"

Super anti-govt, far left, liberal collection of bands. This was the couple sitting in front of us. They probably think that Hero of War is about the soldier and Go 'Murica too...

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Mental disconnect amonsgt the audience at tonight's concert:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JZe1U3QcZzi9bP8Z7
That says "Ammo Supply Warehouse: Protect What's Yours"

Super anti-govt, far left, liberal collection of bands. This was the couple sitting in front of us. They probably think that Hero of War is about the soldier and Go 'Murica too...
Is more ironic than someone working in corporate finance attending?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@iab any tips for running faster? Anyone tips on riding faster? I’ve been doing both more, and can go farther each time or longer, but stay the same pace. Ktxluvyabai
Up or down?

I mean, either way the answer is "ride more" but if you really want to get faster the more complete answer is "ride more with purpose"... or something. Faster up is moar miles, moar base miles, probably some sort of interval nonsense once you have the base miles. Faster down is moar miles, but also moar skills. I hear tell they got them "skills clinics" these days, and they're handy for learnin' stuff like that.

The funny thing is that I'm used to lower bars, from my 130 mm travel 5010. I tried to replicate that, and somehow it felt awful.
Wassamatta? Giant motor on your bike messing with your COG?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wassamatta? Giant motor on your bike messing with your COG?
I guess it could be that. The bikes are set up so differently--and I use "bikes" lightly here :D.

5010: 31.6 mm i.d. carbon wheels, 2.5/2.4" tires, 130/130 mm suspension

Shuttle: 40 mm i.d. alloy half-fat wheels, 2.8" tires, 150/140 mm suspension and much longer and a bit slacker to boot since that's all bikes do now

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I guess it could be that. The bikes are set up so differently--and I use "bikes" lightly here :D.

5010: 31.6 mm i.d. carbon wheels, 2.5/2.4" tires, 130/130 mm suspension

Shuttle: 40 mm i.d. alloy half-fat wheels, 2.8" tires, 150/140 mm suspension and much longer and a bit slacker to boot since that's all bikes do now
I've found every bike has a 'sweet spot' for bar height... and I've never really measured anything to figure out if there's some method to what it is. I just go by 'feel'... run the bike down Enchanted Forest a few times at mach chicken and figure out how high the bars need to be to ride aggressively.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That sounds like a recipe for mediocre handling regardless of bar height.
I was ready for it to be all squirmy and terrible after reading up (like that old Pivot Switchblade thread), but somehow it isn't. I'm not sold on casing sturdiness, having had two flats with Maxxis Exo and one with Specialized Grid casings, on the other hand.