Quantcast

Nobby Nics ... will they try to kill me?

Will Nobby Nics kill me?

• Total voters

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I have run Minion DHF forever, or at least DHF front / HR rear combo.

I find myself with a pair of Nobby Nic in 2.35" ... will they kill me on rock, hardpack, dust over either?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My Rock Razor looked like it had be hit by a shotgun; sealant leaking from everywhere.
The casings are just so light they get tattered.
You can compensate with pressure but then they pinball off the rox.

I switched to the Michelin WildRockr2, 2 ply awesomeness that roll fast, corner hard, shrug off impacts and don't feel as porky as their 1100g weight.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My Rock Razor looked like it had be hit by a shotgun; sealant leaking from everywhere.
The casings are just so light they get tattered.
You can compensate with pressure but then they pinball off the rox.

I switched to the Michelin WildRockr2, 2 ply awesomeness that roll fast, corner hard, shrug off impacts and don't feel as porky as their 1100g weight.
I'm running one of these as a rear tire. Do you have one up front?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have run Minion DHF forever, or at least DHF front / HR rear combo.

I find myself with a pair of Nobby Nic in 2.35" ... will they kill me on rock, hardpack, dust over either?
Just do what I do whenever a schwalbe tire ends up in my possession (especially of that god awful ilk the NN sits in).

Give it away. It feels good and you won't waste any of your time on a bike. Those moments are precious, and tires like the nobby nick are just a drunk asshole coming in and continuously farting on what would otherwise be a wonderful meal.