Quantcast

Noble!!!! 26-30 April.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hey, all...

Gonna be back down in San Diego from 26-30 April. Wife is going to be working on Friday, 27 Apr and Monday, 30 Apr. Those are my opportunities to ride Noble while I'm in town. Friday is preferable because we have a flight to catch in the evening. Anyone up for a climb or some shuttles?

Other than that, you'll find us stuffing ourselves at Ortega's in Ocean Beach (Hodad's, too) and Bombay in Hillcrest...

Gonna be nice to be back, even for just a few days.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Well, great riding with...whoever that was I hooked up with at Noble...

Thanks to TJ for lending me a ride. Made the entire trip worth it to be back on rocky, dusty, hallowed ground. Of course, the ride up was...well, the ride up...on that unshiftable Haro.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Nah, I decided to fly...

Of course I pedaled up! I was alone...and the guys I met at the trailhead were riding up.

Plus, I don't mind riding up. I do mind riding up on a bike with DH tires that won't shift, though...still, what can you do? Whine...or pedal your ass off, get stronger, and enjoy a few more moments in SoCal!

Still, Noble's best on a bike that you can accelerate on without the need for too much gravity. Never much liked riding the big bike there.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, it was very pleasant...

Only had Friday to ride; would have loved to join you Sat. Hope it was a good one.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Still, Noble's best on a bike that you can accelerate on without the need for too much gravity. Never much liked riding the big bike there.
Weren't you the one a couple years ago who said "Sure Paul, bring your Turner DHS. It'll be perfect for Noble."

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Well, yeah...but that was funny, ya see...

(I'm certain all I ever told anyone about DH bikes at Noble was, "Yeah...some guys do it..." Personally, I've ridden my old Big Hit there, but it had a granny gear...and my RFX, and once my Gemini DH b/c I had no other ride...)