Quantcast

Noble on Sat?

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Looks like I might shuttle Noble with some friends again this weekend, Sat 9/24/05 late morning.

If you're there say hi. I'll be the old man with a big smile and a yellow v-10 with 2 little kids and 1 big kid.

Chris

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
BMXman said:
a v-10 on Noble are you serious!
You betcha, last Sunday we did the whole canyon. Started at Penny Pines and ended at Fosters Freeze or whatever it's called in town.

I have a nice Giant AC trail bike too but we will only be riding the steeper parts tomorrow so big bikes ok for the strong :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Aquaholic said:
V-10 on Noble? That's like using a shotgun instead of a fly swatter.

that's exactly what I was thinking but to each his own...I may see some of you out there...depends on what time though...D

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
The thing about DH bikes on Noble is that it is NOT a DH trail, it is a multi-use trail that is on Federal land just like Snow Summit and is subject to closure to bikes, all bikes not just big travel ones. I don't necessarily want to discourage big bikes, but I do want to discourage people from riding it like it's a DH course. We just need to ride responsibly, respect the rules of the trail, etc..

SDMBA will be performing trail work Saturday, November 12. We will be cutting back the overgrowth on Indian Creek Trail, one of the lesser ridden but equally fun trails in the Noble Canyon area. This is an excellent way to give back to what provides mtn bikers a lot of fun.

Time and directions will be posted closer to the work date.

mark@sdmba.com

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
BullittX said:
We just need to ride responsibly, respect the rules of the trail, etc..
mark@sdmba.com
Good point Mark. Other than Fontana during a sanctioned event or Mammoth, there ARE NO DH trails in So.Ca.

Courtesy should be practiced by all, taught to the young and reinforced by the appropriate and proper actions of adults throughout society.

That said, there's no reason why my v-10 is any more likely than another's Blur or Stumpjumper 120 to irritate the federal government.

I will mark my calander for Nov. 12 and check your site for details on trail work day. Thank you for the heads up and good work :thumb:

Chris

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Duzitall said:
Good point Mark. Other than Fontana during a sanctioned event or Mammoth, there ARE NO DH trails in So.Ca.
someone's holding back info from you...I can think of at least 4 spots off the top of my head within 60 miles of San Diego....D

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Duzitall said:
That said, there's no reason why my v-10 is any more likely than another's Blur or Stumpjumper 120 to irritate the federal government.

Chris
Chris,

You are absolutely right! It's not the bike but the bike rider. I've seen just as many if not more irresponsible weekend warriors cause the most problems. In fact, it's the weekend warrior type in all the trail user groups that cause the USFS the most headache!

Thanks for understanding, if every rider felt the same way we would prolly have twice as much trail to ride on.

mark@sdmba.com

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
BMXman said:
someone's holding back info from you...I can think of at least 4 spots off the top of my head within 60 miles of San Diego....D
So, Donnie, are you going to tell us where or are they not for public display?

Perhaps if we get enough people for the trail work event we can ask the Ranger about building a DH specific trail or 2 out at Corral Canyon ORV just east of Noble. We could stage our own winter series?

mark@sdmba.com

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
BMXman said:
You know Mark's talking about US Forest approved DH trails like what AMPED is attempting at Baldy or a racecourse like Fontana not bootleg trails on public or private property. I understand Mark's point. Bottom line is it's not wise to blast around a corner on a multi-use trail and potentially hit a hiker or scare a horse. At least if you're at Corral Canyon all users there are (or should be) on the alert to high speed threats because of the OHV's.

Our own trail or trails at Corral Canyon would be great! One reason I stopped riding my dirt bikes there is because of the head on collision risk at that place. I spent 2 weeks in intensive care from a moto head on. Too scary!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
BullittX said:
So, Donnie, are you going to tell us where or are they not for public display?

Perhaps if we get enough people for the trail work event we can ask the Ranger about building a DH specific trail or 2 out at Corral Canyon ORV just east of Noble. We could stage our own winter series?

mark@sdmba.com
the only way you will se them is if you come with...I'll look you up the next time we plan on going...but lately I have been loving trailriding and my singlespeed...D

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Duzitall said:
When you say "ride up Noble" are you talking the road or the trail? :o:
Straight up the trail, from trailhead to trailhead. That's how I started riding Noble many years ago. Nowadays we do a 30+ miles loop of epic riding. There's more to Noble Canyon than Noble Canyon. :thumb:

Anytime you guys want to join us, our rides are medium paced with plenty of breaks.

mark@sdmba.com

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
BullittX said:
Straight up the trail, from trailhead to trailhead. That's how I started riding Noble many years ago. Nowadays we do a 30+ miles loop of epic riding. There's more to Noble Canyon than Noble Canyon. :thumb:

Anytime you guys want to join us, our rides are medium paced with plenty of breaks.

mark@sdmba.com
Yeah, if you call plenty of breaks one at the beginning and one at the top and one at the bottom. :) Are you still ridding noble anymore I've seen you down the road from my place almost every saturday for the last month or so. A couple of weeks ago my wife almost made me go looking for you, we saw your truck sitting there at about 9:00 AM and it was still there at about 6:00 PM. Must have been an epic ride.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Kornphlake said:
Yeah, if you call plenty of breaks one at the beginning and one at the top and one at the bottom. :) Are you still ridding noble anymore I've seen you down the road from my place almost every saturday for the last month or so. A couple of weeks ago my wife almost made me go looking for you, we saw your truck sitting there at about 9:00 AM and it was still there at about 6:00 PM. Must have been an epic ride.
Ha, :nope: we take a lot more breaks than that! I'd say at least 7-10 breaks depending on the weather.

Yeah I've been going there instead of all the way out to Noble, been doing some work. When are you going to join us out there again?

mark@sdmba.com

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
BullittX said:
Ha, :nope: we take a lot more breaks than that! I'd say at least 7-10 breaks depending on the weather.

Yeah I've been going there instead of all the way out to Noble, been doing some work. When are you going to join us out there again?

mark@sdmba.com
Pues, quien sabe?

My wife was down on bedrest for 2 months during the summer, I spent more time helping her out than anything else. The last time I rode was the week after the 4th of july. I've been ridding part way to work lately to save on gas and to get back in shape, but it's been a long time since I rode enough to be able to make it all the way to the top of any of our trails and still have enough energy to keep it together on the way down. I'll try to make it out and ride with you guys before daylight savings ends.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Dan,

Hope your wife is doing much better! I'm only able to ride once a week now so the climbs are really slow paced, well for me anyways. I'll prolly be out there Saturday after next.

mark