Quantcast

Nobody - you gotta see this nuttiness

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hey darlin -

I can't be on MSN during the workaday - the weak Mac just can't handle so manyIM programs running with all my other crap.

So - here's the tale of cooking woes:

My boss wants a 'Yoshi' dinosaur birthdaycake for his son. But he wants it customized, maybe with a photo of his kid on top. Well - I stuck my foot in my mouth and said I thought I'd seen some printable cake-top paper at one point and he asked me to look into it.

So I searched around and easily found a few hilarious examples (which are rapidly steering me to recommending he just go pay a baker to pipe a green dinosaur on the front in traditional colored buttercream)....

But - check out this site. I found it after reading through a few baking forums. Is this like quintessential "American-o" or what? I love how they so creatively changed every c to a k on their site.

http://www.kopykake.com/pc_frosting_sheets.html

:) enjoy!

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
BTW - I have a new and wonderful version of a zachar torte - one for the healthy folks and one for the peeps allergic to wheat and dairy. :) I'll email it out this weekend.

Jen

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BTW - I have a new and wonderful version of a zachar torte - one for the healthy folks and one for the peeps allergic to wheat and dairy. :) I'll email it out this weekend.

Jen
Ooh I could be keen for a copy of that too!! :D

The missus is allergic to wheat and is currently doing a liver cleanse diet, so can't eat any dairy either. :(
I'm struggling to come up with interesting stuff to cook for her. :nopity: :confused:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I've got some fun ones - I'll dig through my recipes folder and find you my pumpkin pecan cheesecake for non-dairy non-wheat eaters. :) No one believes me until they try it, but it tastes as good as any traditional cheesecake...and you can really work out some angst with a meat tenderizer and the nuts you grind to a flour to make the crust. :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No :disgust:

It's Alcohol free.:shocked:
dairy free
meat free
sugar free.

essentially it's a vegan diet. :vommit:

No I am not and never will subject myself to that! :ban:
So whilst she's suffering on this diet of white rice and green tea you should be grilling nice big NY strip steaks and drinking some meaty shiraz. Try not to rub it in with too much moaning, though. :thumb:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
So whilst she's suffering on this diet of white rice and green tea you should be grilling nice big NY strip steaks and drinking some meaty shiraz. Try not to rub it in with too much moaning, though. :thumb:
Drooling's okay, though. Just a little. But apologize, first.