Quantcast

Noisey DHX

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by FormulaX, Sep 14, 2005.

1. FormulaX

FormulaX Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Just got a new frame with a DHX on it, when I first got it built the THX was silent, after 15mins. of driveway bouncing the shock has become pretty noisey, it's making a aiw swooshing noise as the shock rebounds, on the way down the shock is quiet. I have not messed with any settings yet, other bikes I have rode that have the DHX have been pretty quiet. Does it just need to be set up correctly or is there something wrong? Thanks.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sayndesyn

sayndesyn Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Crying in the corner of a Refrigerator Box
    Mine does the same thing and it is set up properly with the air chamber and rebound, etc. Think of it as a blowoff valve... ha

3. Grizzle

Grizzle Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    I believe most shocks do that, it is typically the rebound valving and the oil rushing through it. I could be wrong though, but my fox shock has always done that, and it has never affected the performance.

4. chicodude

chicodude The Spooninator

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 1
    Yea, I'm pretty sure that's the oil running through the damper....Mine does it too.

5. FormulaX

FormulaX Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Thanks guys! I was just worried because it was quiet when I first got on it. I guess it has just set in properly now.

6. dhbuilder

dhbuilder jingoistic xenophobe

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    just wait until you start getting it fine tuned. i'm just getting one tuned on a d.h.9 and it seems to do a much better job keeping the wheel glued to the ground than the stock dampner. and when you're really haulin ass, you won't hear any "shock noise."

7. bizutch

bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 8
    read your owner's manual. the very first thing oyu need to do is check the air pressure in your shock and make sure it hasn't leeched out. if it's under 75psi, it makes that sound and can suck air into the oil chamber...a BAD thing.
    Check it ASAP! THis is per the Fox tech at Snowshoe...if it keeps whooshing with the correct air pressure per the owner's manual, you better call Fox!