Quantcast

Noisey DHX

FormulaX

Chimp
May 7, 2005
Just got a new frame with a DHX on it, when I first got it built the THX was silent, after 15mins. of driveway bouncing the shock has become pretty noisey, it's making a aiw swooshing noise as the shock rebounds, on the way down the shock is quiet. I have not messed with any settings yet, other bikes I have rode that have the DHX have been pretty quiet. Does it just need to be set up correctly or is there something wrong? Thanks.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I believe most shocks do that, it is typically the rebound valving and the oil rushing through it. I could be wrong though, but my fox shock has always done that, and it has never affected the performance.

FormulaX

Chimp
May 7, 2005
Thanks guys! I was just worried because it was quiet when I first got on it. I guess it has just set in properly now.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just wait until you start getting it fine tuned. i'm just getting one tuned on a d.h.9 and it seems to do a much better job keeping the wheel glued to the ground than the stock dampner. and when you're really haulin ass, you won't hear any "shock noise."

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
read your owner's manual. the very first thing oyu need to do is check the air pressure in your shock and make sure it hasn't leeched out. if it's under 75psi, it makes that sound and can suck air into the oil chamber...a BAD thing.
Check it ASAP! THis is per the Fox tech at Snowshoe...if it keeps whooshing with the correct air pressure per the owner's manual, you better call Fox!