Quantcast

%%Non Necro bump Humpderp%%

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
eff it I can't deal with that necro stuff before coffee....

high 70s forecast. Flipping though the sports channels while on the spin bike last night i rediscovered by I don't watch baseball...so boring. Give me hockey or basketball, hell even soccer is more interesting to watch

oh and Fuck Trump and the GOP

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Brake job on the car last night then gave it to my brother, as his car is on the verge of having the transmission assplode on him. Apparently it went into limp mode when he was doing 70mph on the highway, almost causing him and my niece to get killed. Not good.

This is good for 3 reasons:
1) He doesn't have to scramble to buy a car
2) I don't have to find a place to park it and let it sit and rot while I'm homeless
3) I can drive the Jeep as my daily driver guilt-free

Speaking of which, new front bumper out for delivery today.

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Got some snow last night. Winter is holding on here, but it will be warm next week. My mountain bike still needs a bunch of work done to, but the process has started. New rims should be here today or tomorrow and my rear shock is back from service. Now to replace all of the linkage bearings......

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
dude. did you buy that dirt jumper?
Nah. I've found so many options available that I've lost momentum.

Also, my boys are fickle towards bikes. Not sure it's worth cluttering up my shed with another bike just yet.

I've moved on to bugging @Toshi with car questions.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Less ridiculous than that, but still ridiculous, in that I've never come close to flipping ass over tea kettle in a Nordstrom parking lot to date.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New foster kitty is with Kittens and ready to pop. The Cat rescue folks decided to reduce the risk of my kitty killing the kittens and picked her up. I guess that is what Pumas do to the kittens of other cats. They have another kitty for me to foster. My Puma has spent the morning searching around for Sassy and making this weird sound.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Was there tripe and cartilage? :drool:
No. this was the foodcourt variety, so essentially shitty broth and chicken.

Though I live in my town's Chinatown, which has a very strong Vietnamese presence. I frequently get Pho. Every once in a while I'll get those, but for most part I stick to rare beef and quail's eggs.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still sorta Morning Monkeys.

Had a cool breakfast with the CEO and a small group of folks from all over. It was interesting to hear some of the different areas of the company and how the political climate change has caused some industry changes, but not too many. Also learned a lot about wind and solar energy that was cool to geek out on. What is still kinda weird is out of the 20ish folks in the room, I was the only one who's been here less than a year and 1 of 2 less than 10. 3 folks are retiring within the next 6 months after 25-30 years here.

As culture shifts away from working somewhere for 20+ years to doing a "term" of a few years then moving on, it is interesting to see older companies (127 years old) try to adjust. They still see the value in keeping good employees, but also understand the need younger folks have for personal and professional growth.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The weather ruined my plans for a ride, but I have made the best of it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rainy here in Angryland so probably no time in the woods today.

I did however catch a glimpse of some fresh dirt jumps or possibly a pump track in the woods across from my neighborhood. Must investigate.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello again Monkies. Just finsished 2 homemade pork cilantro and chili tacos with an abbropriate amount of Tapitao. Now going to get changed and hit the trails before heading to the clinic. Its not been a bad day. My March operating statement dropped just before lunch and its looking like I'm a shoe in for the Months Wunderkind, 2nd time this year... the certificate should be awesome. :)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hello again Monkies. Just finsished 2 homemade pork cilantro and chili tacos with an abbropriate amount of Tapitao. Now going to get changed and hit the trails before heading to the clinic. Its not been a bad day. My March operating statement dropped just before lunch and its looking like I'm a shoe in for the Months Wunderkind, 2nd time this year... the certificate should be awesome. :)
Had a little too much fun at the convention huh ?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
At YVR headed to YUL for a company conference. Free flight to go home and visit the fam....

Having the non elway burger, with a meh-dark lager.

Beats workin'