Quantcast

- - - non-nude interbike 2006 - - -

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
It looks like Intense has a dual-compound 909 on the horizon... or am I just seeing the grey stripe down the center of the tread as a hallucination?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
the rest after some rest

other cool WTB 26 tires.

kenda 2.2 dual compound kevegal, race ready 29 dh tire! get ready, this is the one to
make front 29's work on next years bikes! i am now sponsored by kenda for 2007.

rotec gboxx

cool flats from canada

marzocchi DHMX

oakley couch

scooter DH

tires made from jello cubes

XC 4 wheeler for those of us with legs

risse 120x20 front hub on there 29er fr bike

11lbs road bike. they had some of the coolest carbon work IMO

rad bike learners. it was about 6 lbs with rear sus.

calfee carbon/bamboo tt bike with real bull bars. he had one of our old seatpost still!

mtb hall of fame ceramonys
zap inducting travis
tomac induction long time machanic bob G

lastlly when i landed in amarillo NASA had this cargo plane picking up
some sort of fusalage.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
dark cycles new pedal. i only use flats for mud. ii know these would never clog!

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
lastlly when i landed in amarillo NASA had this cargo plane picking up
some sort of fusalage.

B-377 Super Guppy...only one left flying. Used a lot for transporting space station components...cool machine.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
We had Tyler Hamilton's Mt Washington special edition Parlee at my old shop for a few days as a favor from Parlee. A 12 pound road bike is INSANELY light to ride. I took it out for one 30 mile hill ride and was terrified the entire time....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Name tha chain & grips on the Indie. Then name the headset lock & pedals (make & model) on the Skyway. Man, we're dorks!
Chain: Tioga (I think)
Grips: A'ME Tri's w/ Flite Donuts (I ran 3 on each side at one point)

Headset Lock: Epoch or Scura?
Pedals: Shimano SX's w/ the pins that wore out in about 4 rides

cingletrak

Chimp
May 5, 2006

chain:kmc
headset lock:suntour lock up?
now name the grips on the skyway.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004

I believe the chain is a painted version of the Acmes. We used to be sponsored by Acme when I rode BMX for Ralph's Bikes in the 80's. They had alternate fat links, but fit a 3/32" width racing sprocket. Yes, the grips are Ames. The headset lock is Suntour. The pedals are SX's and yes, they did suck. They had very dull molded pins rather than screw-in pins. I do not remember the artist who drew your Avatar, but I know he is Radical Rick from BMX Plus. I have one of his old T-Shirts hanging over a window in my garage.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I believe the chain is a painted version of the Acmes. We used to be sponsored by Acme when I rode BMX for Ralph's Bikes in the 80's. They had alternate fat links, but fit a 3/32" width racing sprocket. Yes, the grips are Ames. The headset lock is Suntour. The pedals are SX's and yes, they did suck. They had very dull molded pins rather than screw-in pins. I do not remember the artist who drew your Avatar, but I know he is Radical Rick from BMX Plus. I have one of his old T-Shirts hanging over a window in my garage.
Acme eh? I still have a ACME Chain patch somewhere. They were a local company (Westfield, MA) for me BITD. It could make sense that IF is using an ACME chain as they could be pretty common in that part of MA. I don't remember a painted version of them - unless IF painted it custom. They were very cool looking chains but for some reason I never ran one. I prefered the Sedis Sport 3/32 chains.

I should have known the headset lock - it was real early in the morning :) Come to think of it I don't know if Scura even made a headset lock...

Ralph's Bikes - that some really cool stuff. They had ads in the mags and a really good shop team too.

Sorry, wrong on the artist - think Wizard Publications not Daisy/Hi-Torque. Oz has some good stories of him on Joe Kid on a StingRay.

cingletrak

Chimp
May 5, 2006
i remember colored chains back then. but i beleive the chain is a new kmc because they had the colored chains at interbike. but i could be totally wrong lol.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
YEah Ralph's was the ABA # 1 national bike shop team forever! He even made a frame called the Hustler (ugly though).

Your Avatar was kind of small to see. Not Radical Rick, but it was drawn by Bob Haro. My brother does some publishing work with Oz's daughter, Wendy Osborne, up in Monterey.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ

Full sized version. Nope not Haro either but on the same super-human level. He worked with Mark Lewman and Spike Jonze on Freestylin' mag after winning a drawing contest for BMXA.

Yeah, Natch #1 ABA was big. I raced NBL (east coast) but knew the ABA was even bigger. I remember the Hustler - funny name and kinda ugly like you said.

No sh!t about Windy working w/ your bro! She took some incredible pictures BITD. There is some living legend heritage in that family.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
A: Andy Jenkins.

Do I win a prize?
haha, I'm not surprise you got it. I'm thinking Andy was just after redical's time or maybe redical was more of a racer. I thought Andy's drawings were amazing. I used to copy his style all the time.

As far as prize - let me see if I have an extra issue of BMXA laying around. Like an idiot I sold all my old Freestylin' magazines years ago. Andy had some fine artwork in them.

BTW, do you remember a Drew Jenkins from Maine. I race him in the old days (he was pretty friggen' quick) and from what I heard he was a hell of a rider in the early - mid 90's

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Drew? G-damn if it's the same Drew Jenkins that lived in PA from the 90's on, then yeah I know Drew. I raced him in Superclass a few times... he beat me more than I beat him, but I proud to say that I could even hang with the guy. Super smooth style. Heck, he won a number of Superclass races when he was still racing. Actually, one of my fav riders was Drew. I haven't seen him in quite a few years, but some of the guys down at POSH say he still comes there.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Well the Drew I raced with would be my age (35). Back then he was fast and I don't remember anyone smoother. He ran a #1 ME (Maine) plate around '85-'87. I figured he stopped riding but then saw his name in an old vid (S&M's BMX Inferno I think) and mentioned on a thread on Vintage last year. I'm guessing it has to be the same guy - the northeast is pretty small, and I don't think there were that many silky smooth Drew Jenkins around :D