Quantcast

Non-Realistic Movie

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I thought the orange haired chick's costume when she came out of the glass tube regeneration machine was pretty realistic :devil:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
BigMike said:
I have do two critiques on non-realisitc costumes in movies. I already did one on The Fifth Element. Any ideas for the second one?
Almost any film set in early-medieval Europe. The big clunky suits of armor that Hollywood loves are a later period development in armoring.

Or maybe the more recent incarnations of the 3 Musketeers where it appears costume research was conducted at a rennaisance festival.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Anything from the movie Naughty Nymphs Part 16: The Lesbian Awakening. I mean, who has a pillow fight in 6" heels? :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BikeGeek said:
Almost any film set in early-medieval Europe. The big clunky suits of armor that Hollywood loves are a later period development in armoring.

Or maybe the more recent incarnations of the 3 Musketeers where it appears costume research was conducted at a rennaisance festival.
:stupid:
Yeah, just about any hollywood "medieval" movie will work. I am a bit of a medieval history nazi though. Oh here's a good one for you... BRAVEHEART. The scots did not start wearing kilts until like the 1600 - 1700's. And nobility wouldn't have worn them... too low class. The costumes for braveheart are very wrong. The armors pretty close though.

Dang, I am such a geek.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
:stupid:
Yeah, just about any hollywood "medieval" movie will work. I am a bit of a medieval history nazi though. Oh here's a good one for you... BRAVEHEART. The scots did not start wearing kilts until like the 1600 - 1700's. And nobility wouldn't have worn them... too low class. The costumes for braveheart are very wrong. The armors pretty close though.

Dang, I am such a geek.
Wow. Yeah. Why don't you go out and beat on some other geek with a stick and shield?

GEEKS!

-S.S.-

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Wow. Yeah. Why don't you go out and beat on some other geek with a stick and shield?

GEEKS!

-S.S.-
Pshaw! Those guys are weak! Sheesh! Try taking the padding off your sword! (whoever heard of a padded sword!?)
I already beat up on other geeks. But we have NOTHING to do with those people who play as wizards and ogres and all that. (We're history geeks, not fantasy/sci-fi geeks) Seeing as how those things don't actually exist anyhow. Besides, we do full speed, full contact, (almost) no-holds barred, combat. (Stick fighting) I have some extra armor if you want to go a few rounds. Heh heh. :D

Hey he wanted a movie with incorrect costumes. I gave him one.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Yossarian said:
Anything from the Mad Max Series.
But how do you know it's unrealistic, it's in the future. I for one have already sewn pieces of football shoulder pads to my leather jacket and started modding my car with two 55 gallon drums for gas tanks.

:D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Dartman said:
Rent "Barbarella"

You mean, I cant just borrow it from your "personal" collection? :D

I'm talking non realistic like non human, not non realistic like wrong time period.

From the 5th element I used the evil soldiers, and the blue opera singer, that kinda stuff.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
BigMike said:
You mean, I cant just borrow it from your "personal" collection? :D

I'm talking non realistic like non human, not non realistic like wrong time period.

From the 5th element I used the evil soldiers, and the blue opera singer, that kinda stuff.

Hehehe...I don't own it...yet.

There's a lot of interesting bad guys in it costume wise. Some appeared to be hollow leather outfits as seen to the left in the poster.

I do own the 5th Element, very cool movie. Much of the artistic concept came from the two french comic artists who created Heavy Metal magazine.

How about the Abyss? Alien creatures made of light and water?

Mike

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
matrix. I mean, if there such and advacned people then why do they wear tatered sweaters and live in caves and burn candles?