Quantcast

None more black

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
^^^^^^
I think that's the only gothic that gave me a hard on :rofl: (reference to the instant turn off thread)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Probably. The rebound knob is blue too, you just can't see it in that picture. :(

It could kind of use a black bash guard, but the fact that that one says Evil on it makes up for it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I think I have a black Evil guard Kickin around. the Evil logo may be kinda worn though.
Lemme look around tonight.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Steve, wut?

Yeah it's got a 12.9" BB height and a 63 degree HTA. Geo is definitely not dated.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i think he's talking about making bikes all black, circa 2002. 2007 was all white. 2012 is going to be ****ING LOUD AS HELL NEON EVERYTHING

looks good, dood. Get some black hubs, bubs, and you'll be a regular coal train. how do you like the derpdado?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah you're rignt, I just need moar coffee.

Well seeing as I got the fork yesterday, all I've got so far is that it looks cool and goes squish when I push down on the bars. I'll ride it this weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think he's talking about making bikes all black, circa 2002. 2007 was all white. 2012 is going to be ****ING LOUD AS HELL NEON EVERYTHING

looks good, dood. Get some black hubs, bubs, and you'll be a regular coal train. how do you like the derpdado?
fvck yea!!!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Steve, wut?

Yeah it's got a 12.9" BB height and a 63 degree HTA. Geo is definitely not dated.
Nice, and out of curiosity, what other bike had geo like that in 2006? I was pretty sure a Sunday had a similar BB height but was around 65* HA. I know the V-10 and Demos were taller and/or steeper. Hell, that thing is lower and slacker than my 2010 Tr450. A 12.9" BB seems super low for a DH bike, altho if memory serves, you prefer that set up.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Nice, and out of curiosity, what other bike had geo like that in 2006? I was pretty sure a Sunday had a similar BB height but was around 65* HA. I know the V-10 and Demos were taller and/or steeper. Hell, that thing is lower and slacker than my 2010 Tr450. A 12.9" BB seems super low for a DH bike, altho if memory serves, you prefer that set up.
I can't think of anything from back then that's quite as aggro.

I dig it, but if I'm totally honest it could be a *little* higher. It is 7.5" travel, so that makes it a little less silly, and the suspension does a great job of keeping the back end up in the travel and not wallowing badly so it works. I'm running 165mm cranks, and while I do hit pedals a bunch, I'm good at paying attention to where my feet are. The fact that I run clipless probably helps some. The plus side is that it corners like it's on rails. If I was going to build another one, I'd give it more like a 13.2" BB, make the head tube a little shorter, and that would be about it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Haha, not intentional, basically what happened was the BB/DT area got dusty, but the DT got wiped off picking it up for shuttling/ storage. That part sort of got cleaned by accident, didn't try to clean anything.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I can't think of anything from back then that's quite as aggro.

I dig it, but if I'm totally honest it could be a *little* higher. It is 7.5" travel, so that makes it a little less silly, and the suspension does a great job of keeping the back end up in the travel and not wallowing badly so it works. I'm running 165mm cranks, and while I do hit pedals a bunch, I'm good at paying attention to where my feet are. The fact that I run clipless probably helps some. The plus side is that it corners like it's on rails. If I was going to build another one, I'd give it more like a 13.2" BB, make the head tube a little shorter, and that would be about it.
It is amazing how a low BB makes a bike just shred corners. I will sometimes throw XC tires on my DH bike and ride my little bandit trail and it's wild to experience the difference in cornering, umm, "confidence". And this is compared to my Spitfire, which is fairly low at 13.1" (160 mm fork, flush cup). Been thinking about getting a 140 or 150 fork to get it a little lower (and save a fair bit of weight).

Anyway, I hope you have a blacked out riding kit for race days.