Quantcast

Noob video camera suggestions?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I need to shoot some video and have absolutely no experience with this at all. Can anyone suggest a decent starter camera and editing software?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
1. What kind of video? Home movies of your kids or artistic expression of some sort of vision with the content you want to produce?

2. How much moneys you got?

3. How motivated are you? Are you going to edit together something sort of narrative and get creative or do you just want to put clips next to each other?

4. How much moneys you got?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Bumpin cause I will be in the market for a new video cam in about 3 - 6months.

1. What kind of video? Home movies of your kids or artistic expression of some sort of vision with the content you want to produce? Mostly going to take video of the SCA events we go to, mostly the fighting. I would love to be able to film fighting and then play it back in slow mo. I saw a video on you tube of two guys fighting and some of it was in slow mo and it looked great. smooth, not choppy, and clear. this is not a deal breaker though. If this type of cam is too expensive then I don't need it.

2. How much moneys you got? appx 1000.00. I might be able to bump it to 1500.00

3. How motivated are you? Are you going to edit together something sort of narrative and get creative or do you just want to put clips next to each other? I'd like to get creative, and make little movies. Certainly nothing I expect to show at Sundance, but something I can pass around to other SCA fighters or post on you tube. I have good PC's at home and will purchase editing software. Defenitely want to do more than just put clips next to each other.

4. How much moneys you got? Not Enough.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
1000-1500 gets you a high end consumer cam with all the bells and whistles that they will offer.

look into a Pana or JVC or even a Sony.