Quantcast

'noose' is the new black

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Students Suspended For Talking About Nooses
There's apparently been some racial tension in the band at Lee's Summit West, specifically on the drum line. Students were talked to a couple weeks ago because both the black and white kids were using the "n word" and the band director told them to stop. But then talk about a noose landed a couple kids in big trouble.

Travis Grigsby [Clayton Bigsby?] loves playing drums, but he and his friend Alex Coday weren't able to play for two weeks after they were suspended. It started after the band's performance at a football game. Some kids on the drum line said they were talking about the best knots to use to tie up the drum equipment.

"Someone asked if anybody knew how to tie a noose and Travis did admit he knew how to tie a noose," Kim Grigsby said.

Travis' mom said her son is almost an Eagle Scout, he knew how to tie it, but told his friends he wouldn't because you could get in trouble for that. Later, a black student on the drum line told the teacher he was offended.

"Travis was accused of using a racial slur for saying the word 'noose.' Then he was suspended for 10 days," Kim said.

i tell ya, that's one sticky situation

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
What ever happened to telling the person that "offends" you that you are "offended" and to please stop whatever it is they are doing that "offends" you?

After who just who the fvck ISN'T offended at something these days?

I was "offended" at the pictures of the Jena 6 thugs posing on TV with $100 bills in their mouths wearing their gangsta bling and stupid sideways hats...

Shoot, I'll probably get suspended for offending someone...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and now a school play is canceled, b/c of the phrase "ten little indians", which - fack me - is thinly disguised racism from agatha christie.

well, maybe they could choose another play in its stead. how would you decide which play w/o showing bias? line 'em up & do "eenie-meenie-miney-moe"?

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Lawyers & Zero Tolerance is the problem.
In some schools, you can't play tag, forgot about dodge ball, you can't even hug another student with out being suspended.
I don't know how I ever survived school in the 80s-90s it was so barbaric back then, kids talked to each other had fun called each other names, it was insane.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i find it interesting that this over abundance of PC-ness has created an atmosphere similar to that of communist russia during the cold war. if you said something incorrect of offensive you were sent to re-education training and would (sometimes) miraculously return from "rehab" cured of all your offensive behaviors.

you know, Imus screws up with a pseudo-slur and is forced into re-education. kids can't even talk about tying knots in class without fear of reprisal. i dare any kid in college to openly not-support the gay rights movement for they will surely be labeled as an oppressive biggot devoid of any true sense of freedom.

i'm tired of being worried about offending people. i'm going to have national "celebrate intolerance" week just to piss people off and say that it's ok to disagree and have different versions of truth.

if it were my kids who were suspended for giving advice on tying a knot i'd be raising absolute cain over it...but i'm sure the ACLU wouldn't.
homeschooling sounds more enticing every day.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i find it interesting that this over abundance of PC-ness has created an atmosphere similar to that of communist russia during the cold war. .
Boy that's original.

if you said something incorrect of offensive you were sent to re-education training and would (sometimes) miraculously return from "rehab" cured of all your offensive behaviors.
Grow a long beard and start screaming 'praise allah' in front of the white house and tell me what happens.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
In Soviet Russia noose ties you.
<chickenfoot>

speaking of, this chick should change her name to natasha fatale: A Hoax Turned Fatal Draws Anger but No Charges
DARDENNE PRAIRIE, Mo., Nov. 21 &#8212; Megan Meier died believing that somewhere in this world lived a boy named Josh Evans who hated her. He was 16, owned a pet snake, and she thought he was the cutest boyfriend she ever had.

Tina and Ron Meier with a photo of their daughter Megan, 13, who killed herself last year after an online romance ended.

Josh contacted Megan through her page on MySpace.com, the social networking Web site, said Megan&#8217;s mother, Tina Meier. They flirted for weeks, but only online &#8212; Josh said his family had no phone. On Oct. 15, 2006, Josh suddenly turned mean. He called Megan names, and later they traded insults for an hour.

The next day, in his final message, said Megan&#8217;s father, Ron Meier, Josh wrote, &#8220;The world would be a better place without you.&#8221;

Sobbing, Megan ran into her bedroom closet. Her mother found her there, hanging from a belt. She was 13.

Six weeks after Megan&#8217;s death, her parents learned that Josh Evans never existed. He was an online character created by Lori Drew, then 47, who lived four houses down the street in this rapidly growing community 35 miles northwest of St. Louis.
a good friend of mine in 8th grade did this, but found out 5 yrs later it was from AEA, therefore unintentional

</chickenfoot>

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Damn El Stinko, that story has more levels of f*ckeduppedness* than I'd ever thought possible.

*VB patented made-up word.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i find it interesting that this over abundance of PC-ness has created an atmosphere similar to that of communist russia during the cold war. if you said something incorrect of offensive you were sent to re-education training and would (sometimes) miraculously return from "rehab" cured of all your offensive behaviors.

you know, Imus screws up with a pseudo-slur and is forced into re-education. kids can't even talk about tying knots in class without fear of reprisal. i dare any kid in college to openly not-support the gay rights movement for they will surely be labeled as an oppressive biggot devoid of any true sense of freedom.

i'm tired of being worried about offending people. i'm going to have national "celebrate intolerance" week just to piss people off and say that it's ok to disagree and have different versions of truth.

if it were my kids who were suspended for giving advice on tying a knot i'd be raising absolute cain over it...but i'm sure the ACLU wouldn't.
homeschooling sounds more enticing every day.
yer gonna luv this: School hate-crime suspension to be probed
A 9-year-old boy from a Phoenix elementary school has been suspended after the school determined he engaged in racial harassment by using the term "brown people."

The boy, whom The Arizona Republic is not naming because of his age, was suspended for three days from Abraham Lincoln Traditional School after officials determined that his language constituted racial harassment, part of its hate-crime code.

In a parent-teacher conference in early November, Abraham Lincoln Principal Virginia Voinovich said she also told the boy that it is OK to have racist feelings as long as you keep them to yourself.

After the incident was reported to the boy's teacher, he was made to stand in front of his class and confess what he had said.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
"A 9-year-old boy from a Phoenix elementary school has been suspended after the school determined he engaged in racial harassment by using the term "brown people.""

Can't be offending the UPS workers, now can we?