Quantcast

Norba Bashing

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Transcend said:
There was NO media room in snowmass, from what I understand.

A good media room includes:

-Results, well laid out and available within about 15 mins or so for those of us filing on deadline.

-A few house computers, for those without laptops or who just came off the mountain.

-A wireless network for those with laptops, so that you don't need to have 8 million feet of cable and the inevitable problems with cascaded routers.

-coffee/water for those heading up onto the mountain is a nice plus.

I think that is pretty much all that is needed in order to have a successfull media center. A staff member or 2 to make photocopies and the like is always ncie as well, but not really even necessary. Just a room, and an internet connection, and possibly some phone lines - but even these have been used less and less over the last 2 years it seems. Texting and email is just as fast and free.

Media coverage....ahhh who needs media coverage......apparently not the NMBS.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Transcend put it perfect for the media room, after looking at brianhead I was thinking of what they could do better. Maybe a trail that goes up the DH course for better spectating, at brian head it was a pain to walk to the best part of the course, Also, during DH Expert finals I think they were also anouncing XC at the finish line, so you couldnt hear the times, they were also playing 2 songs at once and all the music sucks. Ill think of some more.