Quantcast

Norba National Question

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
How many events count towards the overall series title for experts? I heard that last year they took your top 4 finishes to determine your total points, but I couldn't find anything confirming this. I read something about dropping one race (i.e. top 5 finishes count for points)... I know this is true for pros but it wasn't clear for experts.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Hey bud,

From the norba nat site:

Four (4) finishes PLUS the Finals, will count toward the FOX Racing Shox National Downhill Series title. ONE DROP ALLOWED. In the event of a tie, the rider with most recent highest finish will be awarded the points lead.

Six of (6) of (7) finishes at the seven (7) races will count towards the FOX Racing Shox National Mountain Cross/Dual Slalom Series title. ONE DROP IS ALLOWED. In the event of a tie, the rider with most recent highest finish will be awarded the points lead.

So . . . if Austin is out there (which I'm guessing he is since he raced at Virginia) MX will probably go Austin, You, Me and DH will go Austin, You, Ryan, Me. That's what we get for being slackers and not heading back east . . . last minute bumpage.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Stupid Austin... going to all the races... who does he think he is? Anyway, I guess I should have gone back east.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
911 said:
Stupid Austin... going to all the races... who does he think he is? Anyway, I guess I should have gone back east.
Austin made the trek and got the glory winning both the 19-29 x mtx and 19-24 x dh norba national series championships- congrats!!