NORBA Snowshoe picture thread

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Whoever went, post some pictures.
I only got 2 pictures all weekend.
Here is the best one.
I think this was a semi or consolation round.
Herndon in lane 4

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
man that was crazy. Herndon had 5th place handed to him when everybody else took themselves out. And I thought for sure that you would post a pic of you're broken bike. I hope you're ok Peete. I was on the other side of the berm and saw your bike flying in the air, without you!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I shot 3 rolls (rolls are a new concept to me, cause i hadta go back to film for a class at school) so as soon as I get them developed, they'l be up. Peete, how did you and Jr. do?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
motomike said:
man that was crazy. Herndon had 5th place handed to him when everybody else took themselves out. And I thought for sure that you would post a pic of you're broken bike. I hope you're ok Peete. I was on the other side of the berm and saw your bike flying in the air, without you!
That was me throwing it. The chainstays broke when I pedalled out of the gate. I almost got launched OTB when it stopped dead. I kept trying to pedal but it felt like the chain was jammed. You don't know how frustrating that was. I HAD the final. I qualified 3 seconds faster than the next dude.
But sh!t happens and it did.

It was definitely Herndon's weekend.

How'd you do, Mike? I heard Kevin Gordon stepped up to expert DH and got 15th out of 18. Pretty good in my book.

C'mon, I want some pictures. I never got over to the DH and I want to see the good spots. Someone has to post some more shots of the MtnX because the course was totally off the hook.
Peter asked if he can blow off the grands and go up to Snowshoe that weekend. I wish I had the $$. I have to buy a new chainstay for my bike.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My opinion on Herndon....you make your own luck. I noticed he qualified 5th. That put in a position to earn his way to round of 8. That then put him in a position to get on Warren's wheel. That gave him the opportunity to finish first when the other 2 went too fast for the course. He won because he put himself there...not b/c they fell. Winning is winning.

Same thing in Slalom...he earned 2nd. I'm not taking up for him, but the announcer just kept talking about how it was his "lucky" weekend. If you fall or wreck and don't win, you lost and the other guy rode smarter than you.

The Coyote is faster than the roadrunner until he hits the canyon wall...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I agree, Butch. Chris had circumstances fall into place and he took advantage of them. His results have been improving steadily.

It bothers me too when announcers call a particular rider "lucky". We hear it in BMX alot. It's not luck, it's being hungry to win.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I agree with you Butch. I hate it when I hear a rider say I would have won if I didn't wreck. Well the fact of the matter is that you didn't ride as good as the people in front of you because you wrecked and they didn't.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Right on Butch, how many years has it taken Chris to be an overnite sensation? Kudos to Ryan T., Gerritt and Bloch on great finishes also. The south is on the rise! Man that sounds like a bad Skynryd song.

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
YO Tim Dinger, from Charlotte, got 2nd in Semi pro. In his first MTx race ever.

After qualifying 2nd, I won all the rounds until the semi were I fell in the lead all by myself! Oh well. "I would have won if I didnt fall" hahahaha

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
:thumb:
NCBMXPRO said:
YO Tim Dinger, from Charlotte, got 2nd in Semi pro. In his first MTx race ever.

After qualifying 2nd, I won all the rounds until the semi were I fell in the lead all by myself! Oh well. "I would have won if I didnt fall" hahahaha
Tim, doubt you remember me, but this is Butch. I saw that fall. You're a goob. If you had gotten back on your bike and pinned it you still would have won. The two guys who finished 1/2 sucked and just cruised down the course . YOu had so much time to catch those guys the course was so long. It ain't BMX bro...I honestly believe you had a shot if you'd not quit.

Good job anyway!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
those of us who know chris & have ridden with him or have seen him ride, know how gifted he is. and we dont need some lame ass anouncer to tell us. but thats the way a lot of racing is called in motorsports too. if the expected ''golden boy" of the moment doesnt win as expected, its always "what he didnt do" not the talent & the strategy of the "unexpected" winner. and thats a shame. so way to go chris, and good luck the rest of the year. and those who dont know about you, well thats their loss.

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
Tim, doubt you remember me, but this is Butch. I saw that fall. You're a goob. If you had gotten back on your bike and pinned it you still would have won. The two guys who finished 1/2 sucked and just cruised down the course . YOu had so much time to catch those guys the course was so long. It ain't BMX bro...I honestly believe you had a shot if you'd not quit.

Tim is my friend, he got second overall. My name is Will, im the one who fell in the semi.

Falling just killed my momentum, I didnt have anything left in my legs to catch them. Your right its not bmx, we sprint for 35 seconds, not over a minute. Thats what did me in after falling.

Anyway im not sure I have met you, so hey Butch im Will.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
NCBMXPRO said:
Tim is my friend, he got second overall. My name is Will, im the one who fell in the semi.

Falling just killed my momentum, I didnt have anything left in my legs to catch them. Your right its not bmx, we sprint for 35 seconds, not over a minute. Thats what did me in after falling.

I saw you explode on that haybail. If it means anything, you were the fastest semi-pro in the race hands down. Good luck next time.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
NCBMXPRO said:

Word to both your and Dinger's moms! Sounds like you guys laid down some pull. Good job.

BTW - you're now the last of the late 90s long arms guys on the track - I broke down and moved from 185s/45 to 180s/44 after the summer races. Keep it real on the 182s next weekend.