Quantcast

NORBA Vet Pro Class

What would you prefer the minimum age to be for a Vet Pro Class?

• 30 years old

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • 35 years old

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • 40 years old

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
1soulrider said:
Tim says he's done with racing for now. He is just enjoying riding his bike, not such a bad thing. He would be a threat in the Vet Pro class if such a thing exsisted and he chose to race...
I think the Vet Pro class is a great idea, I know a number of older (35+) riders who would support such a class.
i remember he was one fast dude on a dh bike.

You know, does he still live in Newcastle/Auburn area?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
bump, bout that time again.

who want to make a bid for a new vet pro class?

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Glad to see that there is still interest out there. I just came across the folder I kept from last year the other day. I have no problem updating the proposal from last year and tweaking it a little, but the problem would be meeting the deadline to submit so it can go through the loopholes to get in front of the board. I'm looking into the deadline for submittal right now.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
It appears the deadline was the same as last year, September 1st.

But the meeting last year was not until December, and I didn't field questions from NORBA staff until mid-October, so I will contact the staff members I corresponded with last year and see if there is still time to get it on their agenda again this year.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yeah, he was elected, so my thoughts were that he would help get his fellow Board Members to understand why this would be beneficial to all parties involved. NORBA staff was for it, but the Board Members couldn't grasp it, and based on what feedback I received back from NORBA, I know a certain member where that opposition came from, and that person is no longer on the Board.

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
I think there is still a lot of interest. I went to Master's Worlds this year, and saw/ raced a bunch of guys that don't always come out to the NORBA races anymore. They don't come out for a lot of reasons (as we all know), but being 37 and racing a bunch of 19-25 year old semi's or Pros gets tough for people with a real job. The alternative, racing old-guy expert is even worse than last year, there were 4 of us in the 35-39 expert class at the "National Finals" at Snowmass this year. Even NORBA realizes that is pointless and doesn't give out any points when classes have less than 6.

In BMX, the Vet Pro class is usually pretty big, and is full of guys that probably wouldn't even be racing if the class wasn't out there.