Quantcast

NorCal Photo Gallery

Raacerx

Monkey
What camera are you shooting with? And what flash?
ahhaha, those are actually straight "point and shoot" from a crappy canon. lower the light, lower the iso, and somehow... they come out. Kind of counter intuitive, but that was the case. Everytime I tried to turn it up, it was just way to grainy, so had to sacrafice a little blur with the slower shutter. We were out to video some stuff, forgot to charge video camera... so tried to make the best of it with the Point and Shoot. actually going to have a 20D next week, so I'll finally be able to shoot in the woods and adjust shutter independently.

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Yeah, no one seems to like to post in here, man. Go figure.

I'm still thinking a commander SB-800 and a slave SB-600 would be the best setup for picture taking (at the moment)... but I'll probably snag an SB-600 first. I've been watching Craigslist VERY closely.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah, no one seems to like to post in here, man. Go figure.

I'm still thinking a commander SB-800 and a slave SB-600 would be the best setup for picture taking (at the moment)... but I'll probably snag an SB-600 first. I've been watching Craigslist VERY closely.
SB-80DX and SB-26 are very good buys if you have the SB-800 for slave work, and they've got very good interfaces. I've seen them go on eBay for $70-100.

Also: Pawn the D40 ;)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
You know, had I done my research and realized that the D80 has the commander feature built in, I'd have done that to begin with. BUT... I didn't know. AND, the only reason the wife agreed to spend the money on a camera is because I told her we'd get the "easy to use, and user friendly" D40. I'm not terribly worried about megapixels, but the metering is "eh" on the D40.

On the bright side, the camera is super light weight, and easy to lug around. My D50 was heavy, but things like the D200, D300, D700, D3, etc. are simply gigantic cameras, and there's no way I'm going to ride my bike out at UC while lugging my camera around, and NOT also get some good/fast riding in at the same time.

The D40 will suffice for now. And to be honest, with a good flash, the D40 takes fantastic pictures. Hence, the acquisition of an SB-600 is on my list for now, with an SB-800 down the road.

Last edited:

jwashburn

Chimp
Aug 4, 2009
I am looking forward to shooting some Downhill stuff soon. For now I hope you enjoy these

You can check out more of them at www.joeywashburn.com

If you need some photos for a portfolio or resume, hit me up. Im in the Sacramento area and can travel to meet you for a photo session. You can PM me here or over at http://norcal26.com. My screen name over there is Joey

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
It's beyond beat... hasn't had much rain on it allllll summer and people shuttle the **** out of it so I almost don't even care too much to fix it but probably will anyway because some sections are just ****ing stupid now

Like, the rut into the diving board is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD

UC Pictorials

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
yeah, I thought as much.

Should get some rain next week. Time to flip the jugs and put some funnels in to start collecting.

I'm trying to rally some troops for some digging after the next storm. We should combine efforts, w/ 8-10 peeps shiat could get dialed quick.

Nice flash work by the way, makes the dirt look tasty. I can almost hear knobs ripping through it.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
some (D3S) shots (ISO 8,000 w/only natural lighting) from last sunday afternoon. I seem to be suffereing from a mild case of amnesia because I can't remember exactly where the location was...I wanna say it was somewhere near santa cruz but don't quote me on that. ;)

^ no brakes in this photo. clipped in 'seat up, feet up' as opposed to foot out, flat out ha-ha.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Saw your truck up at the top Mike. We also rode in Peru and shuttled a little farther up the road too.

Kelly finally bagged the 20', so all in all it was a good day :D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
DANG. Wish you guys had stopped by Peru for a few minutes. I was out there for almost 3 hours taking photos. Would have been nice to have some proof of Kelly's conquering of that 20 footer. Took me almost 2 years to work up to that!

High-5 her for me!