Quantcast

norco sasquatch 2004?

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
I know I asked alot of questions about hardtails, but I geuss i'm going to ask the big question. What I want is a hard tail bike for urban riding/trail/some dh/some long journy's (not often) It would also be used as my commute bike to work. My question is would the DJ style bike be too small and cramped for me? I'm 6ft 200pounds. Should I go lg or xlg frame? I want a durable HT that can take heavy drops/abuse/learn a few dj's and tricks..... But the problem is I'd also like to bike it to work and on some long flat trail runs with the girlfriend. Am I expecting too much from this bike? Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
I don't have the ability to test drive these bikes as the local shop has to order them. There is a 4hun at the shop with a large medium frame that seems a bit too cramped for me. But I think the 4hun is a different geo than the sasquasch

Heres what I ride now, and am comfortable with the geo

http://www.allmitch.com/images/bike

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
Look at the new 04 P3..nice parts and the frame geometry is more like a trail bike then the previous years...

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
Originally posted by Mitch
I know I asked alot of questions about hardtails, but I geuss i'm going to ask the big question. What I want is a hard tail bike for urban riding/trail/some dh/some long journy's (not often) It would also be used as my commute bike to work. My question is would the DJ style bike be too small and cramped for me? I'm 6ft 200pounds. Should I go lg or xlg frame? I want a durable HT that can take heavy drops/abuse/learn a few dj's and tricks..... But the problem is I'd also like to bike it to work and on some long flat trail runs with the girlfriend. Am I expecting too much from this bike? Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
I don't have the ability to test drive these bikes as the local shop has to order them. There is a 4hun at the shop with a large medium frame that seems a bit too cramped for me. But I think the 4hun is a different geo than the sasquasch

Heres what I ride now, and am comfortable with the geo

http://www.allmitch.com/images/bike
i think its a great bike fro sure. i donno why but i never liked the p2 (but disregard that). i would not touch a xl sasquatch frame they are big. i'm 6ft and rode a rampage last year and i was on a small ( but i did only DH) and the TT on a small is still pretty long, i think a medium would fit the bill. the bike does have DH angles fairly slack HA and nice stable feel, its not the best bike for street but rideing a street bike on xc or trail kinda sucks.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
i would say you should get a bike that can Free ride hard because you sound like you want to have alot of fun with it so test ride alot of bikes at the bike stores near you and you will know then want you want.:cool: :cool: :cool: