Quantcast

Norco ??

The shore's not an all around bike, it's mid 40's and I'm not sure if you can run a front der. on the '05's if your refering to the '05's. I'm scoping that new all black A-line(same as '04 shore) for my dh bike, it's looking pretty tight. I had an '04 A-line and my bro's got a six, both bikes are a dream, a bit heavy, but nice.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
yeah they're heavy...

as an "all around" bike it would not be my preference. I also like to only have one bike. Right now I'm rolling a Yeti AS-X, which I've only put a couple rides on but it seems pretty decent for an all-arounder. Personally I'd suggest something along the lines of a Gemini. I used to have one (before it was stolen) and I really dug it for all types of riding. They can be built up pretty light for trail riding and can still hold more than its own on bigger stuff. There's a lot of decent all around bikes out there and I don't think a norco shore would be one of them. just my 2c's

whimps VP

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Bellingham
for "05" they moved away from the monocoque frame design "the noise" and what's heavy when your peddling a 38 +++ # bike any way. For a FR/AM bike the SIX is the bike 6.5 rear and 6.6 front and 3# lighter than last yr. www.norco.com

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
i think the point gooch is the SHORE isnt the best all around bike. I'd look into the SIX if you want norco. And yea, the loud thing is a thing of the past. They use alot more tubes instead of the monococ.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I was in your boat, but I was in the market for something lightly used to save me some money. I'm happy with the Bullit I ended up with, but I also considered an Azonic Saber (too much money, but nice and light), Norco Shore (couldn't find one used lightly, all were beaten heavily... was considering the '04), Yeti ASX (too much $$, 1.5 headtube). Just wanted to throw some ideas your way. I would not consider any offering from Iron Horse if you want your bike to last (unless they completely changed for '05). You might look at a Heckler, I'm almost regretting not getting one of those...

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I don't regret anything about buying my Six. It is such a great bike. If you are in Bellingham let me know, we can go for a ride, I will let you take it out and you can see for yourself.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
I have built several Yeti ASXs in the 37-40lb range, they make an awesome bighit trailbike, the head angle is kinda steep for DH. The 2005 Ironhorses have completely changed, the 7 point series is designed for the bighit trailrider and they offer frame only and well as completes for 2005.