Quantcast

Norfolk

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I will be in Norfolk from the 15th through the 17th of this month and I want to know if it would be worth my time to bring my bike with me. I have heard that it is pretty flat in Norfolk and the riding scene caters mainly to XC and road, but what about FR and Dh? I have never been that far east in Va. so I don't know what to expect. Any info would be appreciated.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
lemme know when yer gonna be down here. i am working 2nd shift right now and would have to cut out at around 12 or so but i can show you where some kick ass dj's are or if you want to do some xc there are several good trails in williamsburg. there is one good local trail too.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
on the ODU campus there is a decent urban sceen but i know one of the riders is down and most of us are busy this coming week.

i'm down there for school and my only bike i have with me is a SS trials bike so i don't venture too far from the school

but yeah its mainly road (really this more than anything) and xc riding not too much else.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah me and the other dan go to odu. i'm taking EET (EE technology) and i'm stuck in this place for the next 2 years. as for ride too fast i really dont have a plac e to store my bikes and eqiupment.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sir_Crackien said:
yeah me and the other dan go to odu. i'm taking EET (EE technology) and i'm stuck in this place for the next 2 years. as for ride too fast i really dont have a plac e to store my bikes and eqiupment.

you HAVE to correct that! I kept a bike behind my door when I lived in the dorm. There is always room........ finding it is the key!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
sorry to hear that dude. i went through the met program and work with a few eet grads. if yer jones'n real bad for some xc ive got an extra bike you can ride. there is some good ridin' up on the peninsula.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i ride the trials bike 2-4 times a week. also i don't need to go anywhere to ride the thing. so to me yes the trials bike is more important. also the trials bike takes up like half the amount of room in the dorm. it actually stays in the closet.

also on top of that i love riding the thing. its a real workout and really helps out on things where skill is needed. even xc style skills

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i hate golf. i love going fast also. i once hit 60 mph in an xc race i did out west. my riding style has just changed over the years and now i'm in a trials bug that i thing will last for some time. the thing about trials are the rewards to get to getting something right. it feels great. so much better than making a landing or something like that