Quantcast

North American Handmade Bicycle Show 2008

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I had planned to get photos of all the bikes at this event. However, it was so packed with people that getting photos was not always easy. I'll summarize the event in another thread but for now here is a sampling of the road frames on display:

Landshark:

More Landshark Photos:

Attachments

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Cool Pics , they look awesome !!! Was Ant Bike Mike there ?

Now is it just me, but how do the seat stays seam to intersect the seat tube in 2 different places ?
:rofl:

I noticed that as well. Maybe something with the chainline? Or maybe it saves weight but gives the same stiffness?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Great pics. I had a great time at the show, just a great collection of good people and cool bikes. For those interested, Cyclingnews.com has a multi-part series with lots of additional pictures.

Way too many highlights to pick favorites. For pure wow factor, this "Naked" bike had so many trick details it was ridiculous.

Also, Sycip showed a pretty nifty fixed gear with a disc brake mounted on the non-drive crank.

There was so much more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that Cycip in the post above mine is sweet! i'd hate to burn my ankle on that disc, tho...

i also really dig the wood fender on the first Waterford. :drool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
These pics are from cyclingnews.com.

Chris King showed a cool frame with stainless steelset headset cups brazed right in, allowing a 1 1/8" fork to work with a 1" headtube.

There were quite a few carbon drive belt systems around:

New wooden rims, including clinchers:

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i think those Waterfords are REAL nice looking!! great lug work. the paint job on the Land Shark is unreal!! i kinda like the color on the Davidson too. i hope they have one of these on the east coast, i'd be there in a heart beat.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
The frames these guys make are amazing, I always wonder how long it takes them to produce one frame? Some of the lug work is so intricate (I know some purchase their lugs)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The frames these guys make are amazing, I always wonder how long it takes them to produce one frame? Some of the lug work is so intricate (I know some purchase their lugs)
Nearly all of the lugged frames use purchased lugs, but the intricate cutting and filing of the lugs (and, obviously, the brazing) is done by hand, by the individual builder. As for how long it takes, it varies. A lot of these are one-off show bikes that took ridiculous amounts of time, particularly the filing.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
no, it's a King Universal Disc hub adapter.

I saw that Pegoretti was builder of the year at NAHBS. could anyone else see that coming? seems like his win and Gordon's win were both rather predictable.