Quantcast

North Bend?

XGearyX

Chimp
Aug 15, 2006
Looks like it is at least in this area. It appears to be a trail called "27".

More videos from the area:

XGearyX

Chimp
Aug 15, 2006
Not looking to spoil anyone's fun. I was just surprised that this was in my own back yard. I hope these sorts of secrets spots can continue to exist and cheers to all of the folks out there building them. Keep up the good work and keep the cool videos coming.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Not looking to spoil anyone's fun. I was just surprised that this was in my own back yard. I hope these sorts of secrets spots can continue to exist and cheers to all of the folks out there building them. Keep up the good work and keep the cool videos coming.
Don't get us wrong... it's awesome that stuff like that is around here, we're glad you're excited about it, and if you PM someone we'd be happy to tell you where it is. We just want to keep it on the down low and off the forums, if you catch our drift.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Nick is right and if any of you wanna second guess me I have a $238 trespassing ticket plus a $39 parking ticket to shut you up. It absolutely sucks. I've been riding that trail since I was 14. It was the first real freeride trail I ever rode and it was radical. It just got blown up. Elemental and all those guys ruined it for all the rest of us. It became a freeway. Save yourself the time and go ride exit 25.

This is the first time I ever rode the ol trail (RIP)

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
bikerpunk clear your PMs.....and since that trail got torn down lets not throw around the other trails out there that may or may not be legit

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I think Juice and the DNR guys walked that trail about 2-3 years ago when the BBTC was trying to sell them on legit FR stuff. Oly's right, the cat's been out of the bag for years. I even did a WTA trail college work party on a section of the old line like back in '01 or something like that. If it is gone, I'd like to know what was the final straw. The DNR or FS or whomever owns the land has been pretty cool about leaving it be for a long time.
But, yeah, filming there, the Youtube vids, etc,are what were it's demise. I personally had 4-5 people from around the country ask me about the videos. Some were actually told it was really on the North Shore which is/was a good ruse to misdirect people.

As for what's left and what's coming up, try not to film and post every where. That does more damage for access than some noob just asking on this forum.

And contact Justin or Jon at the BBTC and stop talking and get involved to get some legal stuff here so we don't have to keep having these threads.

See what you did by asking Geary? :)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I think Juice and the DNR guys walked that trail about 2-3 years ago when the BBTC was trying to sell them on legit FR stuff. Oly's right, the cat's been out of the bag for years. I even did a WTA trail college work party on a section of the old line like back in '01 or something like that. If it is gone, I'd like to know what was the final straw. The DNR or FS or whomever owns the land has been pretty cool about leaving it be for a long time.
But, yeah, filming there, the Youtube vids, etc,are what were it's demise. I personally had 4-5 people from around the country ask me about the videos. Some were actually told it was really on the North Shore which is/was a good ruse to misdirect people.

As for what's left and what's coming up, try not to film and post every where. That does more damage for access than some noob just asking on this forum.

And contact Justin or Jon at the BBTC and stop talking and get involved to get some legal stuff here so we don't have to keep having these threads.

See what you did by asking Geary? :)
holy bbtc drug pushing batman!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
holy bbtc drug pushing batman!
Thinking you can keep trails on the dl for eternity is kinda like thinking that there's not anything goin on here.

Doesn't matter what group or bike shop steps up, but support the legitimate to get to the bona-fide trails.

There is success being had in Oregon with Hood, and Falls and there is success being had with Port Angeles and Bellingham. BBTC, WHIMPS, STM who cares as long as we have more places to ride, and more options of trails.

2 top members of the club went to bat for the trail at least. Maybe others tried too? Or were they too busy trying to keep it on the dl...

Jan 17, 2007
soo thats it? its done? Id like to know what made em do it because they have been letting it slide for awhile now. I think we should all get out there and have like a funeral or something. And no more of this dl stuff. You dont think the forest service knows every exit like it the back of their hand? I wouldnt be surprised if they knew every riding spot out there. Its time to stop the illegal trails and get some good legit stuff and try to work with the forest service. Sorry for the loss eric.

Ryan

nwfreerider

Chimp
Dec 28, 2006
kirkland, Washington
This has ruined countless freeride/downhillers' day. There are enough of us out there that we have a good chance at getting an awsome trail "like the one we just lost" somewhere close if we unite and are very persistant. We can also get backing from the bbtc and build a quality trail. I am researching this and will contact the department of natural recources to see what we need to do. We need a legit trail.

Apr 10, 2007
if this is true it really sucks. I guess I'm second-guessing whether this is legit because I've head the trail was on private land. I guess the way to confirm is to head out there myself :disgust1:

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
argh. just plain argh.
guess you really dont know what you have till its gone cuz really that was one of the sickest freeride spots ever and i guess i never appreciated it was 15 min. away.
Cam McCaul rode it so it must be good<-- and im sure that publicity didn't help either.
:disgust1:

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
so can anyone confirm it? I know a couple people have, but forgive me for being skeptical