Quantcast

north carolina monkeys.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
NC is on the short list for places to relocate, as there are jobs for our field there. and the wife is all about it. could be a win/win.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Western NC has amazing riding. It is as good as it gets anywhere. A friend recently moved to Ashville and raves about it constantly.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It totally sucks, is flat as a pancake and everyone is a racist, cousin humping Trump supporter. No need to move here.
Can confirm!!!!!

But...

Its amazeballs. Been twice and loved it. We brought a bunch more people down this past January and even though we all literally froze our eyeballs and other balls off, they all loved it. Half our group did Laurel Mountain/Pilot Rock in the snow and absolutely howling wind, that was fun. :rofl:

10/10 will bang again.

The only downside that I've found, is that you can't buy beer on Sunday mornings in Brevard.:brow:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
asheville is nice.

raleigh/durham area is nice.

the best part about charlotte is it is about two hours from asheville.....although the whitewater center is awesome....they have rockclimbing events going on there that i can never seem to check out.

if you can't find good bbq anywhere....you aren't trying hard enough.

some people say we have good beer....would not know shit about that.

asheville is a closer to colorado/wyoming/montana than philly.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Twas on the shortlist wifey and I drew up. Very happy with where we ended up though.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Asheville sucks. Everyone from Ohio, Michigan, Florida and Georgia visit here in the summer and clog our roads. The riding is meh at best and its humid as fuck in the summer.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
wheeeeeehaw,
Mostly the jobs that are in Asheville are service industry jobs since it is mostly a tourist area.

RTP area (Raleigh Durham) is pretty cool, but housing market is becoming increasingly competitive / expensive. Trails are not as cool as WNC

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wheeeeeehaw,
Mostly the jobs that are in Asheville are service industry jobs since it is mostly a tourist area.

RTP area (Raleigh Durham) is pretty cool, but housing market is becoming increasingly competitive / expensive. Trails are not as cool as WNC
but yea, there will probably be tradeoffs in terms of industry jobs vs proximity to rad trails.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wheeeeeehaw,

There are plenty of opportunities in Asheville in the gutter punk industry.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
From Raleigh through to Greensboro - a hotbed of growth like you would not believe. Wilmington is always so Wilmington, and that's never bad. If you have job interests in the medical/manufacturing/tech/arts fields, then Raleigh-Durham(ugh, I hate saying that) is where you want to be.

If your interests are more geared towards the manufacturing/distribution of crystal meth, then I think there are some lovely areas in the eastern sector of the state that will suit you just fine....we have something for everyone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
From Raleigh through to Greensboro - a hotbed of growth like you would not believe. Wilmington is always so Wilmington, and that's never bad. If you have job interests in the medical/manufacturing/tech/arts fields, then Raleigh-Durham(ugh, I hate saying that) is where you want to be.

If your interests are more geared towards the manufacturing/distribution of crystal meth, then I think there are some lovely areas in the eastern sector of the state that will suit you just fine....we have something for everyone.
yea, RTP is realistically where the jobs for us would be.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
born and raised here, what are you smoking
Just some of Nor Cack's finest, er, nothing to see here.

Actually, anything other than WNC, toward the middle of the state is pretty much populated by people such as yourself. If you were hoping to escape the Pennsyltucky mentality, you will not. The only difference is that the winter is milder and our Rednecks have an accent.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just some of Nor Cack's finest, er, nothing to see here.

Actually, anything other than WNC, toward the middle of the state is pretty much populated by people such as yourself. If you were hoping to escape the Pennsyltucky mentality, you will not. The only difference is that the winter is milder and our Rednecks have an accent.
i'm outside philly, it's very rat-race-y. becoming like NYC Jr. PA riding in general is (literally) mediocre at best. plus cost of living (from a quick google) is on average about 10% lower. (ranging 5% - 25% depending on locale)

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i'm outside philly, it's very rat-race-y. becoming like NYC Jr. PA riding in general is (literally) mediocre at best. plus cost of living (from a quick google) is on average about 10% lower. (ranging 5% - 25% depending on locale)
Yeah I remember you telling me that Glenn Mills is now some uber hoitie toitie neighborhood now. And kids actually want to go to Garnet Valley HS. Complete opposite of how it was in the 80s.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How can riding be literally mediocre?

Denver metro area doesn't have cost of living going for it unless one's point of reference is Seattle/Boston/NYC/Bay Area, but it does have many good things going for it otherwise: riding, skiing, big hub airport.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Denver metro area doesn't have cost of living going for it unless one's point of reference is Seattle/Boston/NYC/Bay Area, but it does have many good things going for it otherwise: riding, skiing, big hub airport.
considering the last 2 states i lived in were NJ and CA (LA metro area) much of the country is less expensive by comparison.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
is charlotte a possibility? happy to spill the beans. i’ll let the triangle area mokeys speak to raleigh durham. durham’s where my inlaws are from. it’s come a long way sincr i lived there in the late 80s. only downside is less trails and farther from the mountains than here.