Quantcast

North Central PA

Hey guys, im new to the site but not to the sport. but i recently moved away to college at mansfield university in northcentral PA. im not too familiar with the area and i would like some info on areas that i can ride.

im lookin more for techinical stuff rather than railtrails. i like the stump-jumpin and mud-flingin stuff rather than packed stone trails.

any info is appreciated

also if theres anyone interested in riding with me and one of my other friends here at school let me know. my buddy and i are lookin for other riders in the area!!!

thanks in advance!!!

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
HIT THE BIKE SHOP IN WELLSBORO, ASK THEM FOR A MAP OF THE ASIPH TRAILS. rODE THEM A COUPLE TIMES, GREAT BIG CLIMBS, AND ONCE YOU GET TO THE TOP IT IS 4 MILES OF SINGLETRACK DOWN!!!! aLSO LOTS OF STUFF IN WILLIAMSPORT.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Like was mentioned above, the Asaph trails are close in Wellsboro and you could basically shuttle it but the downhill while fast is not really technical. They destroyed the one technical (but short) downhill a few years back when they cut a road through it. I haven't been down there in two years now.

I'm about 45 minutes north of you and I could take you to some technical xc type riding within another 1/2 to 1 hour from here. If you guys will be there a while and feel like taking some initiative, there is some amazing terrain in the state forest just south of Mansfield off of route 15. I could give you directions there but there is not much in the way of trails. PA is pretty good about the use of state forest land though and you could probably get something going to build there. I would have done it myself but I can't drive an hour each way all the time just to build trails.

If you want a road trip to some of the best riding in PA, head to the State College area (about 1.75 hours from you). I can point you towards some good stuff there as well and as a bonus you could hit up Bald Eagle State Park on the way. There is supposedly good riding in Williamsport too but I've not had the opportunity to check it out yet.

Feel free to PM me if you want to meet up for a ride some time or if you want more info.