Quantcast

North* reports here-

gonefirefightin

free wieners
we got there at 8 in the morning and it was snowing and below freezing. ice was forming on my levers on the first descent down livewire. around 11 or 12 it started to clear up and quit snowing/raining. the dirt set up like tacky concrete and the drift gods smiled down on the small men on bikes.

by far the best conditions I have ever rode at the star, just had to brave the elements a little.

tip, wear a rain jacket under your jersey, water proof liners or gloves, and wrap your socks in a plastic bag or wear neoprene socks. the puddles were frozen and hanus.

dont bring your nice goggles and forget tear offs, use rain x on your lenses.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Happy to say that I am no longer a N* virgin. I think I'm spoiled now. If Ozzer said that sat was the best conditions ever, I may only have to go back when it's raining.... NOT! Gnar* effin rocks! :thumb: Awesome Job N* Wrecking Crew! :thumb:

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
it was totally awesome the whole weekend aside from the early morning storms. all the corners were tacky on live wire as well as the other side of the mountain. wish it rained a bit all the time up there. definitely the best conditions i have ever experienced on those trails.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
i will agree best conditions i have ever rode at the star. Congrats to my boy Tyler for putting down 2nd place in jX this was his first race ever and only 17years old. Look outJx he has only had a DH bike for 3 months

good work trail krew trails were sick.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Wait a second ... you rode N* on sunday we didnt see you there ???

Was it your birthday or something ? LOL
i thought i saw you when we were leaving!
doh. you could have joined us for snacks at T's afterwards.

it was the first day i spent all my time riding and no time under the tent, so i wasn't my normal social butterfly self. the whole 'no friends on a powder day' thing.

i wish my birthday was yesterday, because yesterday ruled.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
i thought i saw you when we were leaving!
doh. you could have joined us for snacks at T's afterwards.

it was the first day i spent all my time riding and no time under the tent, so i wasn't my normal social butterfly self. the whole 'no friends on a powder day' thing.

i wish my birthday was yesterday, because yesterday ruled.
Yesterday ruled !
Best conditions ever !!!!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
i will agree best conditions i have ever rode at the star. Congrats to my boy Tyler for putting down 2nd place in jX this was his first race ever and only 17years old. Look outJx he has only had a DH bike for 3 months

I agree with you. Awesome conditions!! Nice seeing you and bonz there Sunday!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Marc, you going to be there this weekend?

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Yeah, we raced Live Wire. As far as I know, I was the only real carnage. I overshot the step up over Gypsy. From what I hear, it was quite a sight. I know somebody has a pic, I would love to see it.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
No I cant my daughter has Soccor on Sat and the wife has plans on Sun

But i will make it up the last Sunday..

I am trying to think of a way to ride after work tommorow but if i can i will only get about two hours to ride..
That sucks, it will be my last weekend there for the year:(

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
its snowing out. you all have fun tomorrow shreding the freshness mother nature just baked
Got a freshy run down livewire this morning , pow pow on some of the landing made for a fun run!!
Also saw some tracks from what looked Mountain Lionish under the lift line around the waterfall area by Karpiel ... or they could have just been from a bear:disgust:

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
def got drifty on one of the turns on livewire closer to the bottom. muddy/snowy dogbone is sketchy.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wow what a trip riding the Star yesterday! Splashing through mud and sliding around on slushy trails up there was such a total freakin' blast! Wish I took some pics, but for those who couldn't make it, most of it was a sloppy mudfest with melting snow/slush all day, like whistler in the springtime. Super fun and way different than usual.

Also, good fun getting in some quality runs with some of you monkeys. I'm still a little bummed that Kidwoo never sang to Brian though.

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
I will be up there sat. going to get a few runs in, then photo shoot for awhile.

Blue IH Yakuza, red/grey jersey blue/grey 661 helmet.