Quantcast

North Star races

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
So there's a north* race comin up this weekend. I'm contemplating whether or not to make a 2 hour drive from UC Davis to go watch my first downhill race. I was wondering how big these races are? Are the turnouts really big? Do they have a buy/sell market place for used mtb goods like sea otter does? Finally, if im gonna go watch do i need to pay for a lift ticket up the hill or is it free? let me know y'all...pretty excited

Hey...go race man! They are usually kinda low-key to say the least. At least the last one I did two years ago.
Although...they seem to be doing lots of the right changes this year, so maybe they'll have better/bigger races.
As for a swap meet thang...plenty of people slap "for sale" signs on their bikes and go ride!

hey, if you go, look up fpiston, he's looking for a ride up there this weekend, any day, and I can vouch for him being a good guy.

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
Does north* charge spectators for taking the lifts this year? What time do the races start? Do a lot of people go watch(i dun wanna be the only one on the hill)?lol let me know

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Does north* charge spectators for taking the lifts this year? What time do the races start? Do a lot of people go watch(i dun wanna be the only one on the hill)?lol let me know
http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info/summer/scenic_lift_rides.asp

It looks as though lift rides are free this year for everybody but bikers. I'm not sure where this lift goes, but it's better than hiking up from the bottom.

"FREE scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking are offered at Northstar™ Resort all summer long (starting June 29)!

Come out and hop on the Gondola, high-speed Tahoe Zephyr or Vista Express chairlifts for a scenic ride to the top of the mountain. Once you reach the top, the sky's the limit! Whether you are looking for the perfect view of Lake Tahoe, a picturesque picnic spot, local wildlife or some of the native flora and fauna, you will find it here."

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info/summer/scenic_lift_rides.asp

It looks as though lift rides are free this year for everybody but bikers. I'm not sure where this lift goes, but it's better than hiking up from the bottom.

"FREE scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking are offered at Northstar™ Resort all summer long (starting June 29)!

Come out and hop on the Gondola, high-speed Tahoe Zephyr or Vista Express chairlifts for a scenic ride to the top of the mountain. Once you reach the top, the sky's the limit! Whether you are looking for the perfect view of Lake Tahoe, a picturesque picnic spot, local wildlife or some of the native flora and fauna, you will find it here."
Sanjay, right? Are you coming up, and are you bringing some brosephs?