Quantcast

Northbend Monkeys

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Do any of you folks live in North Bend/Snoqualmie? What's it like up on that hill? Anyone commute to downtown everyday?? How is that?

I'm thinking of making a change (I like very close to downtown right now). It would be nice to build a course in my backyard. but maybe it's not worth it. Anyone have any opinions on this?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
you may wind up spending more time commuting than enjoying your new surroundings...

check out commute times and make a decision from there...

cost of gas may also play a large deciding factor in your choice?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Darren at the Downhill zone lives up there. He comes into seattle almost everyday albeit not at rush hour.

You couldnt pay me enough to live out there. I'd rather drive an hour to ride than drive an hour everyday to work.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I live in Snoqualmie and commute to bellevue everyday. The drive isn't bad most days, but gas can get to be a pain. But hell, whats better than having 27 two min. away and 38 within 15min? There are a ton of potential spots to build around here and everyone is building. Just don't be pissed when the trails get torn down, it happens.

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
I live in North Bend. The dive into the city can get a little backed up at times, but it's not all that bad. There is already some good riding out this way with plenty of room for more.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
What time of the day would you have to drive in?

I would love to live out there, 90% of my family lives in N. Bend, but Kevin now works up in Everett and that would be a brutal drive though Bellevue.

Talk about a commute....my cousin just built a house in Easton and DRIVES into Seattle every day for work!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
My travel time could be very flexible. I can work from 6 am to 2 pm or 9-5 or anything in between. Heathers is a less flexible. She is more strictly 9-5. so it would probably be the around 9-5 unless she worked something out with the boss type.

The idea of owning a house out there is really appealing. I like to imagine getting on the bus and letting it do the commute for me would be ok. get a good book and tunes or alcohol. something like that.

But I know it's always a different story when it comes to practice.

Thanks everyone for the input.