Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2004 Reports

splat

Nam I am
another blast of Pics from Monkey fest !

Thank you MBC for uploading these to her gallery , Mine is full of ther monkey fest pics

on with the pics

Pigboy on the bridge before it tried to kill him

Pigboy , clearing the end of the Bridge and not doing the drop.
the drop would later smash him up pretty good

His uncle , JBP doing the bridge

NEgladrider ( the host with the Most) , Isabel, echo, Unsure who with there head down , Deyv, Squirrel, Treesaw , Bikegeek, MMcG and Tweek.

Squirrel and tweek on the bridge

an Neighborhood kid

NEgladrider nohanding the teeter

Deyv, Jumping the teeter

Deyv drinking a beer on the teer

the cake gets a labotomy

Relaxing after the night ride
Douglas, JustBill, Tweek, and Jozz

Squealk, ???, Echo, spincrazy and Deyv

Did we mention it was a camp site ?

More tents

Cars , trucks , and you'll notice the one with the tarp over it , Bills set up for the evening

There were tents every where

Bills tent may have been very Simplistic, but the award for the best has to go to Bike geek with his Revolutionary war re-enactment tent ( not mentioning the grasshoppers attack )

Justbill and Tammy around camp

who says you can't go the other way around the bridge ?

Hello Bushes !

Fianlly made it in the other direction

Tweek looking ugly! I though he was crashing for sure on this one.

Tweek hitting the small jump

Squirrel hitting the jump

Squirrel hitting the drop

And landing it

Isa showing off her gymnastic ability

I never got his name

THe host with the Most , NEgladrider on the smaller ramp

on the bigger ramp

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Well I am back in Denver, and missing the riding with good peeps already!

Thanks for the great time everyone. It was great to meet you all!!! :)

Special thanks to NEGladeRider for the use of his land. Its a great spot, and makes everything sooo easy.

Work is supa busy, but I will try to post a few pics later tonight. Not much that has not been posted already. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I *finally* got my pics up in the picture gallery. No exciting, fun campimg shots, just ridey ride pics. :) These are the "back of the pack" pics, since that's where I spent most of my time. :)

MBC and Tammy

Tammy

MMcG

Tammy (same bridge)

Splat

Splat on a bridge

MBC. This is the trail that goes along the bottom of Dead Moose.

MBC, all smiles.

MBC

MBC yet again

MMcG (there's a trail in the grass somewhere :D )

MMcG

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Your riding pics are awesome Bab. :thumb:

I did not get to ride with you much, but with these, it almost feel like I did.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
so yeah. the bridge did try to kill me. or rather i am an idiot and used the bridge to prove this fact but good. the long and the short of it is that we all need to work our way up to the 4-6 foot drops by practicing on smaller stuff. I went off the end of the bridge and did a beauty nosedive, landed on my neck and shoulders with all my weight and smashed my sunglasses into my left eyelid. I guess I came about as close as you can to being blind in one eye and paralyzed or dead. i'll count my lucky pennies when i get home to Hawaii. I might have to sacrifice them to Pele the Volcano Goddess to try and ensure my continued existence on the planet.

The big bald fella going over the jump is named Kevin and after I took my tumble he, being a chiropractor, told me to ice the crap out of my injuries and stretch as much as possible. I did this and was able to ride Saturday night and Sunday day (12 miles on Sunday) so I'm pretty stoked to be mostly functional. My whole neck and shoulders are still pretty messed up so I'm going to be visiting my orthopedist when I get home next week to make sure I don't have any floating broken bits inside me.

all in all it was a really fun weekend and it was great to meet some monkeys in person. next year JBP and I will have to try and bring a new family member to sacrifice to the stunt gods.

-pigboy

we think his name is Kevin

pigboy said:
The big bald fella going over the jump is named Kevin and after I took my tumble he, being a chiropractor, told me to ice the crap out of my injuries and stretch as much as possible. [/img]
glad you're feeling better - that looked NASTY!

I agree with the ice - but for the first 24 hours, stretching a cold muscle is like stretching a cold elastic band - SNAP!

Let us know what the doc says!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
pigboy said:
so yeah. the bridge did try to kill me. or rather i am an idiot and used the bridge to prove this fact but good. the long and the short of it is that we all need to work our way up to the 4-6 foot drops by practicing on smaller stuff. I went off the end of the bridge and did a beauty nosedive, landed on my neck and shoulders with all my weight and smashed my sunglasses into my left eyelid. I guess I came about as close as you can to being blind in one eye and paralyzed or dead. i'll count my lucky pennies when i get home to Hawaii. I might have to sacrifice them to Pele the Volcano Goddess to try and ensure my continued existence on the planet.

The big bald fella going over the jump is named Kevin and after I took my tumble he, being a chiropractor, told me to ice the crap out of my injuries and stretch as much as possible. I did this and was able to ride Saturday night and Sunday day (12 miles on Sunday) so I'm pretty stoked to be mostly functional. My whole neck and shoulders are still pretty messed up so I'm going to be visiting my orthopedist when I get home next week to make sure I don't have any floating broken bits inside me.

all in all it was a really fun weekend and it was great to meet some monkeys in person. next year JBP and I will have to try and bring a new family member to sacrifice to the stunt gods.

-pigboy
After seeing how hurt you looked.....I was suprised and glad to see ya on Saturdays night ride

:thumb:

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Here's my first post on this monkey site. I'm a neighbor of Deyv and Isa and was suppose to make it to the MonkeyFest this year, but the work called me outside the country (London, UK, how could I say no?!). I juste hope I can make it next year cause it looks like it was a blast again this year! :thumb:

-Yet another AllezY member

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
HypNoTic said:
Here's my first post on this monkey site. I'm a neighbor of Deyv and Isa and was suppose to make it to the MonkeyFest this year, but the work called me outside the country (London, UK, how could I say no?!). I juste hope I can make it next year cause it looks like it was a blast again this year! :thumb:

-Yet another AllezY member
Welcome to da :monkey:

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Well i guess i might as well come out of hiding and join Stosh as "Sir Leaves Them Hanging". Really i meant to be there but as you will see in another thread i have a reason for doing the "no show".Last years MF's where great :thumb:
This year though i have only been on the Mt. Bike once for about an hour.The rest of the time has been on the road,alot of road this year.Once again glad to see that everyone had a good time and that Echo lost his old title that he had :D Who knows maybe the fall fest if there's one.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
justbill said:
Is there any kind of record for earning a custom title with the fewest number of posts.
Somthing good has got to come of this.
LOL! And the funniest avatar too :D

I had a great video of you taking the hard line over the log (and into the log on the ground), but my computer crashed and I think it's lost :(

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Good times, good times!

Hope I'll be able to make it down there before the end of the season... have to try all those new trails, and find my way to Old Webs! :thumb:

Thanks John!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jdcamb said:
Just look for the Archery course signs..... Great trail man.....
We were trying to find that trail by the Archery course - but didn't know exactly where to go to find it....details on how to find it please for the next time we are there. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
We were trying to find that trail by the Archery course - but didn't know exactly where to go to find it....details on how to find it please for the next time we are there. :)
It wasn't the archery signs that scared me, it was all of the TARGETS we saw in the woods that scared me. :eek:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Bill and I are probably going to go to Fell Mtn this weekend. Anyone want to ride one of the top ten trails in the US with us?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
When you exit the long climb after the river pause, their is a big bench like structure that Deyv and other tried to climb on... well just past that after the bench their is a trail head just behind it!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Jozz said:
When you exit the long climb after the river pause, their is a big bench like structure that Deyv and other tried to climb on... well just past that after the bench their is a trail head just behind it!
I thought there was a house there?