Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2004, save the date

Steff

Chimp
Dec 3, 2003
Sherwood Forest
I'm in for this year, after all I've heard and seen from last year MonkeyFest :thumb:

I've to debate that with my GF, but it should be OK by then! No, she doesn't enjoy MTB at all!!! :nope: :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Steff
I'm in for this year, after all I've heard and seen from last year MonkeyFest :thumb:

I've to debate that with my GF, but it should be OK by then! No, she doesn't enjoy MTB at all!!! :nope: :(
Bring her along. She can cook for us and make sure everything at camp stays tidy.

:D

Steff

Chimp
Dec 3, 2003
Sherwood Forest
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Bring her along. She can cook for us and make sure everything at camp stays tidy.

:D
Hahahhhhahahaaaaaa!!!!

She doesn't read on RM, you're lucky... but if she does, you're a very courageous man!!! :D ;)

For the food, no problemo, she's a very good cook. My additionnal 20lbs since we're togheter can prove that!!!

But I don't think you will see her down there... She will take care of the baby and visit her/my family and friends during this week-end. Another week-end will be hers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by TreeSaw
Count Squirrel & I in....I put it on the calendar.

Guess we'll have to do Deck Party a different weekend this year! :D
You could meet up with Douglas, Me, and Jackson and we'll all ride up together.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
This one time at the RM fest................we rode great trails, ate good food and consumed lots of good brew!

Another one in for the Fest :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by stosh
You could meet up with Douglas, Me, and Jackson and we'll all ride up together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by TreeSaw
Excellent Plan!!!

and if anyone wants, they can crash at my place Thursday night. I have a couple couches, lots of floor space, a pool and a bbq grill

I'm right off I90, 5 mins from albany

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Damn. Move it up a month and I might be able to pull it off. Otherwise I'll have to content myself with dragging jbp up some hills so he can lose me on the way down.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook not so good."

After reading what a disaster 2003 was, I don't have any confidence that I'd actually have fun this year.
Pedros is what you make it. I have gone every year and never had a bad time. Last year was the first year at the new location. That may have been why some considered it to be a disaster. I however had a great time. I rode at off peak times. I went prepared for everything. Mother nature can sometimes be cruel. But most of the folks who had bad things happen to them....well are the same folks who always have bad things happen to them. They are usually the same folks who complain the loudest too. I had a great time at a great event and will gladly go back next year.....jdcamb

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by jdcamb
But most of the folks who had bad things happen to them....well are the same folks who always have bad things happen to them. They are usually the same folks who complain the loudest too.
I suppose, but I heard so much negative feedback I'm really turned off by it. MBC and I will probably take a road trip that weekend, maybe to Sunday River in Maine for some DH.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Squeak
So how would one get to these trails, if lets say, they were flying in from CO?
:)

One would probably want to fly into Burlington or Montpelier Vermont, or Manchester or Concord New Hampshire. All are within a two hour drive of East Burke. The nearest major airport is Boston, which is a three hour drive from East Burke. But if you're going to drive three hours, you might as well fly into Hartford a couple days early, get free ground transportation from yours truly, and enjoy a couple of days of CT MTB in (and we have a spare bedroom which is BikeGeek approved).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would like to make it to the '04 mnoekyseft. I find myself in the NE on business quite often and if I can manage to schedule a business trip the week before I will be there. If not I will drink beer and ride all weekend at home.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
:)

One would probably want to fly into Burlington or Montpelier Vermont, or Manchester or Concord New Hampshire. All are within a two hour drive of East Burke. The nearest major airport is Boston, which is a three hour drive from East Burke. But if you're going to drive three hours, you might as well fly into Hartford a couple days early, get free ground transportation from yours truly, and enjoy a couple of days of CT MTB in (and we have a spare bedroom which is BikeGeek approved).
Ah well the problem is I have no vacation time left. I was hopeing to take Friday off and get there that day. Fly out on sunday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
Manchester, Albany, or Montreal would be the only realistic candidates.

Haven't checked exactly, but I bet Montreal's closest.

We've got about 200 people passing through Albany if thats a help.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Squeak
Ah well the problem is I have no vacation time left. I was hopeing to take Friday off and get there that day. Fly out on sunday.
Squeak, call in sick. The spare bedroom alone is worth the trip. :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by BikeGeek
Squeak, call in sick. The spare bedroom alone is worth the trip. :D
Hey Squeak, wouldn't be the first time you called in sick to ride with friends!! ;)

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
The Initiation Rights "ceremony" begins at dusk the 1st night. All new Monkeyfest attendees are required to participate.
(You all might wanna be drunk by then. It'll be far less painful.)

BTW, can someone else bring the jumper cables and Astroglide this time?

:devil: :D :devil:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by Tweek
The Initiation Rights "ceremony" begins at dusk the 1st night. All new Monkeyfest attendees are required to participate.

I'll bring the required 5lbs of pig intestins! :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Who are the n00bs? Stosh, Douglas, Steff, spincrazy, Treesaw....

Does MMcG count as a newbie? He missed the BIG gathering last year, but made it to the smaller one in the fall.

It's going to be a big crowd this year.

splat

Nam I am

What about the johnbryanpeters memorial crash and burn contest ?