Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2004, save the date

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Instigator
Hey you should have been there :thumb:

Me sitting on the middle of that teeter, not touching the ground. Drink off to the side and shoveling food down my pie hole. All that going on with some talking and I was still balancing just fine.....:p
Hey I totally got the visual picture though! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Instigator
Hey you should have been there :thumb:

Me sitting on the middle of that teeter, not touching the ground. Drink off to the side and shoveling food down my pie hole. All that going on with some talking and I was still balancing just fine.....:p
Jollytime and Mrs. Jollytime got me one of those as a Christmas Present! :thumb: :thumb: :D :D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by stosh
I just found out my second cousin's uncle is having his sisters b-day party that weekend. She's like 32yrs old so it's a big deal....so I'll have to see if I can still make it.
Why is 32 a big deal? Is it because that's the mythical sexual peak for women and you want to be sure to... nevermind.

:p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by BikeGeek
Why is 32 a big deal? Is it because that's the mythical sexual peak for women and you want to be sure to... nevermind.

:p

Actually I was just kidding about that... but it's odd that you would know such a fact.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Echo
It's not a race... I bet you'd still have a great time :)

Yeah I suggested in the GMT that he just come to camp. We have a couple doing that with us at MBW because the guy was in a colma a few weeks ago and can't ride by June 17th.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Echo
It's not a race... I bet you'd still have a great time :)
Absolutley.

Looks like it's going to be a good crowd this year, so we'll probably have to break into a couple of groups when we ride. I think 40-50 people is a little too big for one group. I'd be happy to lead a group of "moderately paced" riders. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Absolutley.

Looks like it's going to be a good crowd this year, so we'll probably have to break into a couple of groups when we ride. I think 40-50 people is a little too big for one group. I'd be happy to lead a group of "moderately paced" riders. :)

I'll be in the "Sally Group"

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
My advice: Eat one of those then IMMEDIATELY make the road climb to the top of Dead Moose Alley. :) (or is it Moose Alley....the one near the Burke campground)
That would be Hell! I'm afraid we'd all get a second glimpse of the sandwich.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
My advice: Eat one of those then IMMEDIATELY make the road climb to the top of Dead Moose Alley. :) (or is it Moose Alley....the one near the Burke campground)
I ddi that on one of my first rides at the Kingdom. Rode from teh campground did the Dead Moose Alley to Moose Alley big outer loop (about 18 miles). When we hit town we were starving so we chowed burgers and beers at teh Pub Outback. What we forgot was the ride back up to the campground!
:eek:
That was a long and painfull ride. Burp! nothing like a pile of garlic mashed potatoes before a nice hill climb!

:dead: :dead: :dead:

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Map shmap.
You aught to know the trails by now...

Dead Moose Alley will be rebuilt next weekend. It got logged and killed.

Lots of new stuff up here!

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
I hereby volunteer to show up and fall off the stunts at camp repeatedly. I doubt I can top JBP's jumping expertise, but I'll give it a try.

I'm not sure what route I'll be taking into town, but there's a chance I'll choose Hartford. Baboon: have you got room in your caravan for a body, bike and gear?

Alternate plan is to fly into Boston and steal "my" '77 VW Bus from my dad and head north in that. If I do that I'll have room for at least one other person and a bike. two or three extra people and bikes if someone has a roof-rack that works on a '77 Bus (has roof gutters that work with most 'generic' roof racks). This will be leaving from the Concord, MA area on Friday morning as 'it' always takes longer in a VW Bus.

-pigboy

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by pigboy

I'm not sure what route I'll be taking into town, but there's a chance I'll choose Hartford. Baboon: have you got room in your caravan for a body, bike and gear?
Pigboy, unfortunately I will not have the room in my car. :( I've got three people in my car as it is (me, MtnBikerChk and MMcG) along with all the bikes and gear. I am pushing maximum capacity.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Originally posted by pigboy
I hereby volunteer to show up and fall off the stunts at camp repeatedly. I doubt I can top JBP's jumping expertise, but I'll give it a try.

Alternate plan is to fly into Boston and steal "my" '77 VW Bus from my dad and head north in that. If I do that I'll have room for at least one other person and a bike. two or three extra people and bikes if someone has a roof-rack that works on a '77 Bus (has roof gutters that work with most 'generic' roof racks). This will be leaving from the Concord, MA area on Friday morning as 'it' always takes longer in a VW Bus.

-pigboy
I'll probably be the poor fool who bites it bad up there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by TreeSaw
I will be helping out on the falling off the stunts and crashing! ;)

I'll be the guy pointing and laughing because I'm to much of a wuss to try them.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'll be the guy pointing and laughing because I'm to much of a wuss to try them.
Nothing wrong with that, Stosh! We need people to take pictures. :) Had I just sat back and watched last year, I would not have spent two days riding in pain. Still, I will have my try at stunts again this year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:think: A beer or 2 and I think you'll be giving something a try ;)
I doubt that I will be trying anything too extreme, but I will be hitting the mini jumps!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Squeak
Tickets confirmed. I will be goin to Montreal, then coming to Monkeyfest with Deyv and Isa! :D :D

Wow, thats awesome! I get to meet one of the RM originals!